PDA

View Full Version : Ready to DEV!! Except, need KalistOS

JesusXP
May 30th, 2006, 16:57
Hey guys...

Sorry to post a newb thread like this, but my Coders Cable just came in, and I'm pretty anxious to start up and get the dev env set up. I have tried to trace down KalistOS online, but I'm not super familiar with how to install it (since I wanted to use Subversion, and the tutorials on the official page are somewhat confusing).

The SourceForge page looks to be outdated by the release/snapshots on the official gamedev.allusion.net page, however, I'm not familiar with using snapshots or installign from them, (is that not CVS? sorta linux noob too, but im learning/forcing myself to familiarize). I just want an easy solution to get up and deving. Alot of the resources (via hitmen-console, and this site) have turned up broken links, not found webarchive sites, and even some spam, one site completely overloaded me with pop-ups).

Is there more complete tutorials, or any pages that really can help me out at this point, or is it a lost cause and the scene is pretty much dead? I'd appreciate any help. I basically would like to be in a position where I could have my environment set up, and than I could back up all the files I downloaded to get there, on a DVD so that in the future I wont be without the ability to install and go back to deving.

I'm really quite anxious :) Im pretty excited and happy dudes lol... Thanks for the help

SiZiOUS
May 30th, 2006, 19:56
Try the all in one Fackue' DC Dev ISO R2 (http://www.consolevision.com/dreamcast/dev/). :)

JesusXP
May 30th, 2006, 21:28
Thank youfor the link! I look forward to trying it out when I get home :)

I hope it comes with documentation :P

SiZiOUS
May 31st, 2006, 11:36
;)

Also, you can try Propeller DCFreeDev package (http://www.dchomebrew.org/dcfreedev.shtml).

It includes DevCpp already full configurated for Dreamcast and GP32 too.

If you have any problem, don't hesitate to reply here ;)

Bye

rrgomes
June 21st, 2006, 04:28
When I try to decompress DCFreeDev package 1.1 (winRAR 3.6 beta4), I'm having problems at 4th part... I downloaded it again, and same problem.... Any help?

Elven6
July 6th, 2006, 15:35
Yea im having trouble with it too, I keep getting errors when it trys to uncompress them.