PDA

View Full Version : PSP General Questions FAQ thread. Look here before posting!

Zion
May 30th, 2006, 21:32
Right then here's my Q&A PSP faq thread.

Q = Question
A = Answer

Q : Can my PSP v2.7 play homebrew games or emulators?

A : Not yet. You can play flash games though.

Q : My psp has firmware version 2.1/2.5/2.6 or 2.7 can I downgrade to a lower firmware version?

A : No. Mabye in the future though.

Q : Im trying to put a hombrew game or emulator on my PSP version 2.1/2.5/2.6 i have copied the folders (eg. Daedalus & Daedalus%) to my PSP/Game folder but it doesn't work.

A : Thats because it's a version 1.5 eboot, and is kxplioted. If you are using these firmware versions use version 1.0 eboots (aka only 1 folder)

Q : I have tried "xx" hombrew/emulator on my PSP version 2.1/2.5/2.6 and it doesn't work and just shows a black screen.

A : The hombrew/emulator might not be compatible with the eloader. Check here for what works and what doesn't : www.noobz.eu

Q : How do I load a ISO file or where can I download them?

A : Talk of ISO's is not tolerated on this site. If you start asking questions about where to find them or how to use them, a Moderator may decide to ban you. You've been warned...

Q : This game/emulator is crap.

A : Please don't post comments like this. Please understand that coders are taking time out of there personal life to make this for us, and are gaining no financial benefit for making it.

Q : My PSP won't turn on..Please help.

A : Don't panic. Try removing the battery and reinserting it. Or plugging in the power cord, removing a umd from the drive etc. Feel free to ask if those steps did not work for you.

Q : How do I play version 2.xx umd's on my 1.50 PSP?

A : Use the Genesis umd loader, Daxziso loader, Mph gameloader, Run umd, Fastloader etc.

Q : My memory card is not working or not being detected by my PC or PSP

A : Try formatting your memory card, make sure your usb cable is connected (for pc use) make sure the memory card is properly inserted and is compatible with the PSP.

Q : Im a noob and can't get this working.

A : Don't worry, we were all noob's at one stage. Feel free to ask.

Q : How can I find out what version my PSP is?

A : Go to the settings tab on your PSP. Go to system settings, then system information. Your PSP version is displayed there.

Q : I tried to run "xx" hombrew from the PSP game menu but it just says corrupted data or this game could not be started.

A : You can only run hombrew from the PSP game menu with a version 1.0 or 1.5 PSP.
For 2.0 + you need to use Fanjita's eboot loader : www.noobz.eu

Q : My PSP has no sound.

A : Try pressing the music key next to the selct button.

Q : I tried running my umd and the PSP says "cannot start game FFFF087"

A : You need to update your system software or if you are a 1.5 user you can use a umd loader. (see top of post)

Q : I want to create a game for the PSP, how do i do it?

A : Ask in the forums or PM one of the several PSP Coders on this site.

Thats all I can think of for now! If you know something that should be added let me know and il update my list :D

Can this be a sticky? :p

shadowprophet
May 30th, 2006, 22:07
Good job bro stickied:p

Zion
May 30th, 2006, 22:12
Thanks man! My first sticky...Woohoo! :p

shadowprophet
May 30th, 2006, 22:17
Do a good job on it and I will happily sticky it aswell:)

Kaiser
May 30th, 2006, 23:51
Mind if I put the Dgen guide in the guide library?

Zion
May 30th, 2006, 23:53
Fine by me. Thanks

will_m
June 11th, 2006, 03:21
Here is a question that needs an answer.

Can you surf the web with v1.5 ?

Zion
June 11th, 2006, 21:29
Yes. Use the Links web browser

darkriku2000
July 4th, 2007, 06:33
i'll go ahead and add something:

Q:my psp's screen went gray, how do i fix this

A:2 options:

1)take out and re-insert the battery

2)(i don't know if this works on all o.e. fw's) turn off your psp and then turn it back on while holding the "R"Shoulder button and the screen will be blue and there will be a menu, this is the recovery mode, just select "exit" and your psp will start back up