PDA

View Full Version : Problems With DGEN? Look here!

Zion
May 30th, 2006, 22:11
If your having problems with DGEN look here. This guide should solve most problems people are having with the emulator.

If this guide doesn't solve your problem feel free to post your problem here and I will try to solve it for you. :p

I have made this thread to declutter the DGEN 1.50 released thread! :D

Right then...

Speed issue's?

Go to the settings menu. Select the frameskip option. Set it from 1-9. The game will run faster then.
Also set the PSP cpu freq to 333MHz
Or set the CPU core Emulation to Performance

Roms not loading?

Try using the bin files contained in the zip file, instead of using the zip file itself.

Poor sound quality/crackiling noises?

Go to the settings menu. Set the the sound mode to 44100 KHz

Can't get fullscreen?

Go to the settings menu. Go to screen mode and change it to Full

Rom's not loading saying "this rom is designed for use with ntsc/pal consoles only?

Go to the settings menu. Change the Country Priority to : USA-EUR-JPN or
JPN-USA-EUR or EUR-USA-JPN

How to load/save a savestate?

Go to State list menu, select a slot you want to save to and press triangle followed by Circle.
To load? Select the savestate and press Circle.

I can't see my roms in the rom list.

Make sure your roms are in the PSP/GAME/DGEN/Roms folder.

Dgen keep's crashing in the menu.

For dgen 0.70 users dont press the "R" button when the emulator first loads up. That usally results in the emulator freezing or crashing.

Make sure your battery is charged. Dgen will freeze if your battery runs too low and you will looze any unsaved progress.

Try Formatting your memory card and reinstalling DGEN and The eboot loader (if you use it)

Sometimes turning off the autoload feature on the eboot loader can fix this problem. (for gta eboot loader users)

Graphic Issue's?

This can be caused by having frameskip turned on. The screen will sometimes appear out of sync.

The emulator is not finished yet. Any other issues, texures missing, glitches etc. will be sorted over time.

How to display FPS?

Go to the settings menu. Turn Show FPS on.

Which button do I use to go to the menu while im playing a game?

By default the button is "L". But you can change this to whatever you like by going to the System menu and changing the Menu display key.

How do I change the background in DGEN?

Go to the System menu. Go to the Background mode option. You can also change the color of the menu by selcting it from the menu directly below the Background mode option.

How can I change the button configuration on DGEN?

Go to the Key Config menu. On the left hand side you will see all the button's and what they are mapped to there. To change them go to the Button you want to change and press left or right on the directional pad to change it.

gunntims0103
May 30th, 2006, 22:13
great that thread was lookin kind of cramped anyway yeay can any one contact Syn-z cause he needs to fix his e-loader version

Zion
May 30th, 2006, 22:16
Im sure one of the mods could contact him

shadowprophet
May 30th, 2006, 23:14
Moved and Stickied in The emulation and homebrew forum

JaySparrow
June 1st, 2006, 04:15
Any chance this DGEN 1.50 doesn't work in a 2Gb memstick? Because I have tried with 1Gb and 32Mb and works fine...
but with a 2Gb...displays [when starting the DGEN] 'game could not be started'
I'm using the version for 1.5 FW
Is it some problem in adressing the memory or what...? [it was remaining free 181Mb according PSP or Windows XP]
The 2Gb memstick seems to be ok... when running various large ISO's games like PoPoLo Crois [1.17Gb] and Daxter [1.26Gb]...
and when occurred the crash it has 5 minor ISOs, and all seem to be running fine...

Or am i doing somethin' wrong...?

NOTEI've tried loading and launching gbemu 1.24 in the same situation above [when crashing DGEN 1.50] and gbemu works fine...!!!

p.s. I had posted the same problem above in another thread, but nobody replies for...sorry for my double post...

Kaiser
June 1st, 2006, 05:31
Moved and Stickied in The emulation and homebrew forum

This seems more like a Help Forums topic but since that forum is cluttered with stickies as it is, its fine here. I wouldn't want to step on your toes SP.

Anyway nice guide Zion. I've archived it in the Guide Library.

shadowprophet
June 1st, 2006, 05:35
Like the hombrew and emulation forum would be the best place for it.
Seeing as it was more directly related to both homebrew and emulation.
plus the help forums already had a sticky from him that day. more closly related to non spcefic homebrew in general.

8ullfrog
June 1st, 2006, 10:10
I'm using firmware version 2.0, bock eloader 097,
emenu v0.1 and dgen_psp_150_eloader.
When I select Dgen, eloader tells me "Found suspicious hard path at 08A53F98
ms0:/PSP/GAME/
Press a button to continue"

If I press continue the unit black screens and then turns itself off.

Zion
June 2nd, 2006, 22:26
Jaysparrow - Try formatting your memory stick and installing Dgen again. Also No ISO talk man! :P
Check your battery level too. Does it happen with any other emu's?

And to 8ullfrog - try using the no-cache version of the eloader. And are you using the latest verison?

JaySparrow
June 3rd, 2006, 06:26
thx for fast answer Zion! I'll try and post the results...
And sorry for ISO talk: my fault... I just tried to talk about available size and functionality of my memstick, but I crossed the damn line...:o
no bad intentions...

LeperMessiah
June 5th, 2006, 03:41
Using 2.6 w/.97 eloader and I cannot get DGen to work.
It just shuts off my PSP automatically.
What version should I be using?

kyle2194
June 5th, 2006, 03:47
Use 1.30.

LeperMessiah
June 5th, 2006, 03:57
Use 1.30.

tried 1.30 and 1.30 b and got the same problems

Kaiser
June 10th, 2006, 17:10
As part of our recent crackdown on the PSP section, every thread is beign moved to its appropiate location. This thread is being moved to the help section. Its also going to be unstickied since its already in the guide library along with many other emulator specific guides.

Zion
June 12th, 2006, 01:20
noooooo! :p

Lol :D

Ok Kaiser.

snooch_607
December 15th, 2007, 13:02
hi, ive got dgen 1.70 and put it on my 1.5 psp but whenever i load any of my roms it goes to a black screen with a dgen fram then crashes... then i changed some settings so that comm mode was 1d achol but then i load the rom and it says conecting and does nothing, ive tryed formating my 2g memry card but same crap happens, HELP ME