PDA

View Full Version : A Few Modchip Questions!!

branin
May 30th, 2006, 23:01
Ok , i know that most people dont know much on this topic yet , but i was wondering , me being on 2.6 FW what will this modchip do for me , does it simply alot fw to be ran on 2.6 or what. i just need to know what it does and you can sign me up to buy one , lol!

Kramer
May 30th, 2006, 23:13
what this mod chip does is it allows you to have 2 different firmwares on one psp so you can have fw 1.5 have all the homebrew you want and have the latest fw 2.7 and have all umds playing and all the new stuff in the firmware

coo
May 30th, 2006, 23:31
also, the mod chip has 32mb of built in memory (same as psp) for home made firmware files and it will be priced at ~ $90 (75 Euros)

RedKing14CA
May 30th, 2006, 23:59
too much for me, why not get $60 more USD and buy another PSP... If you have a 1.5 that it, is you have 2.1+ then you can get $80 more and buy a 1.5 PSP...

I will not buy the modchip until it is $50 USD or less!

branin
May 31st, 2006, 00:47
so the modchip has FW 1.5 when u get it?

Zion
May 31st, 2006, 00:53
it will probably have no firmware on to start with.

branin
May 31st, 2006, 00:58
so you go download a firmware to put on it? see thats where i was confused im not sure if it would make me stay with what i got and be able to upgrade , or let me have 1.5 , i was thinking it might say have 2.6 and 2.7+ , i donno.

Zion
May 31st, 2006, 01:00
I imagine so yes. I think it will just be the standard Sony PSP update eboot files.

mike2355
May 31st, 2006, 02:16
hey guys im stoned at the moment lol but i was just thinking wut if this whole modchip thing worked at first and then when they sold a shit load of chips they somehow shutdown every psp by using a satalite...woah wutta conspiracy..dun dun duh............................................... ........................................:D :cool: :eek:

branin
May 31st, 2006, 03:23
sleep it off man , sleep it off.

V3N0M
May 31st, 2006, 04:13
Hey how much will this be in American curency?

branin
May 31st, 2006, 04:47
i think it was like 90.00 , if you go to PS2Cover.Com you can pre order it , thats what i seen on psp-news.dcemu.co.uk , i think its a good idea to pre order cause you know alot of ppl will want this , ummkay? lol hope i helped

mike2355
May 31st, 2006, 22:45
lol i cant belive i actually wrote that last post... i musta been really ****ed up cuz i for sure dont even remember going online lol im such a dumbass

branin
June 2nd, 2006, 03:49
yep , but hey it made me think about it tho , so yeah.... lmao

ultralord
June 2nd, 2006, 13:00
if the modchip can be used to solve a bricked psp - where bricked is a firmware issue- if the chip comes with no firmware how can we get it up and running to load anything/everythin work. Mayabe a simple bios to boot up with- at least enough to get connected with? your thoughts please

DirtyDevil
June 4th, 2006, 17:12
The U.P. (Undiluted Platinum) is a flash replacement system for the PSP™ which allows the use of previous flash updates or custom firmware builds, opening up the possibility to run unsigned homebrew code on even the latest PSP systems. The U.P. contains 32MB NAND flash which is programmable from the PC via a high speed USB connection, using our user friendly software. You may boot the PSP from either its onboard flash or the flash contained on the U.P; the flash which is used is determined by a button press as the PSP is powered on (U.P. flash is used by default, hold L1 to use the PSP onboard flash). Since U.P. provides a secondary flash which the PSP can boot from, it can even be used to restore a PSP which has been “bricked”. Every effort has been made to make our flash updater software, which will be freely available for download, both as easy to use and reliable as possible. The software also contains diagnostics which can be used by installers to determine if an installation has been successful or not.

there ya go