PDA

View Full Version : Daedlus N64 WIP Update!

pkmaximum
May 31st, 2006, 23:33
On Strmmmmn's blog he has just released a new WIP to his current progress on his dynarec engine. Basically he said that he has gotten a decent speed boost up to 100% on Mario64 but games like Zelda Ocarina of Time seemed to only rise 1fps. Even though he said it does not sound like he is making huge progress, he states "So far I'd say I'm around 40-50% through the work on the dynarec engine." (Strmmmmmn said).
The possibilities he states on this emulator is that he still expects there to be huge speed increases as many caches have yet to be recoded and he soon hopes to see commercial roms running in the near future.
Strmmmn also sais that he plans to release his emulator pubically in about 1.5 weeks. As he wishes to release the emulator before the Soccer World Cup Starts (Futbol, for you non-Americans :P).

Read The Full Article Here:

http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/

Wish Strmmmn the best luck on his emulator as we all hope to see a good working N64 emulator soon. Also we also wish hope to another deticated hard working N64 coder for the PSP PSmonkey as we have as much faith in you as we do in Strmmmmn.

Shilo
May 31st, 2006, 23:44
:D Good to hear that StrmnNrmn's dyna rec is coming along good :D

Zion
May 31st, 2006, 23:47
Great news! Go strmmnrmm!

SSaxdude
June 1st, 2006, 00:16
I never thought full speed Mario 64 would be able so soon. Great work, I can't wait!

pkmaximum
June 1st, 2006, 00:17
I also personally can't wait to see Mario64 playable. The only thing that I worry about will N64 emulation on the PSP be able to hear sound. To me sound is a very important factor to having good emulation. We can only hope though that if sound is implemented that its not choppy as hell.

Zion
June 1st, 2006, 00:21
Yeah sounds important to me too but, i would much rather have a full speed emu with no sound, than a 50% speed emu with good sound

pkmaximum
June 1st, 2006, 02:29
I completeley agree I'm just one of those people that like to hear the sound when they play there video games. But if I can get good spped and no sound I'll take that no questions.

SnoopKatt
June 1st, 2006, 06:09
Well sound isn't too important, well not for me at least. My PSP speakers broke a really long time ago, and it wasn't until recently I was able to actually talk to someone about it, and it was the week after the warranty expired (and when I plug in headphones, it only comes out the left side), so I'm screwed on that, but I can't wait to see this :)