PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Help...

V3N0M
June 1st, 2006, 00:42
Hello about a year ago i had a PS2 that i stupidly tried to mod and ended up breaking it. What i believe to be the problem is i pulled off a trace off of the mother board. (Now i bought a crapy PS2 off of ebay btw it is a piece of crap and bearly works.) So back to my problem i want to know if anyone can help me fix my broken ps2 or is it destroyed beyond repair? Because it worked great but since i tried to mod it it broke (can't see the intro screen or hear anything) I removed the mod chip. Any help is appriciated.

coo
June 1st, 2006, 02:02
did you try replacing the motherboard?

V3N0M
June 1st, 2006, 03:18
No, How much do they co$t? I was hoping i could fix it without another motherboard. And if i did find one i'd have to find the one for my version of ps2 right?

vettacossx
June 1st, 2006, 06:05
HEY BUDDY WASUP ;) its VETTA ;)

yea dude it would have to be the right version AND REGION because the ps2 is NOT region free...but if your not getting video maybe its an IDE strap not pluged in tight enough if your not firm enough when you push them in it will APPEAR there pluged in tight enough but might not be...so before you do buy another motherboard check those IDE straps ;)

and before you buy another off ebay .....buy a used ps2 thin at E.B. for 75 bucks nation wide us !!! :D

StealthCP
June 4th, 2006, 19:08
It sounds like you pulled of a small piece of track on your motherboard. Have you tried resoldering over the missing bit? What modchip were you trying to install? Was it solderless? Details please, might be able to help you a bit more. Could you upload a photo? That would be great help.

jamesb500
June 8th, 2006, 15:59
ok if you despreatlly need a new ps2 contact sony.. and they will give you an option of paying £90 to have a new ps2

tallica
June 11th, 2006, 00:42
you could try finding a shop round ur area that fixs ps2s, thats what i did when i broke mine