PDA

View Full Version : WILL MODCHIP WORK WITH 2.71 firmeware??

vettacossx
June 1st, 2006, 18:10
IM CURIOUS ???
do you think sony MAY have realeased this firmeware 2.71 to pach something in the psp HARDEWARE to stop the new first ever psp mod-chip???

a penny for your thoughts kida thing ....im curious if im the only one who thionks this to be very possible?? ;)
thanx guys and gals
Vetta X

kersplatty
June 1st, 2006, 18:18
maybe it stops the connection of external firmware or blocks the mod chip any access, like the blocking kernal mode. or maybe its to update the media capabilities

motz
June 1st, 2006, 18:21
I doubt it, they would have to be good to patch against something which isn't even out. :)

wraggster
June 1st, 2006, 18:28
hi this is the submit news forum, not a ask questions forum, ill move it over

coo
June 1st, 2006, 20:39
i think the mod chip lets you run 2 firmwares in one psp

Shilo
June 1st, 2006, 22:14
I don't see how Sony could block the mod chip.

V3N0M
June 2nd, 2006, 00:23
Ya i seroiusly doubt it would happen. But it would really suk if they could. Thats the problem with updates every hack only last so long. Back and fourth..Back and fourth lol. When will it ever end. I bet Dream Cast HB doesn't have this problem lol.

Cap'n 1time
June 2nd, 2006, 02:17
buy me a modchip and ill let you know.

V3N0M
June 2nd, 2006, 02:22
The only way they could scew with the mod chip would be for them to do some hacking them self lol. I hope this does not delay the PS1 emu. BTW does anyone know if someone is going to work on one? Or is sony the only one capable of making it.

Forever~Zero
June 2nd, 2006, 04:07
I dont think so at the moment. Future patches maybe. Coz how can they patch up something which hasnt been released yet. BTW does anyone know if we have to pay for the PSone's game? Or can we like use a program to rip the existing one we have to the PSP (provided we own the game).

V3N0M
June 2nd, 2006, 04:49
I serously doubt that. Sony is modding the games to fit the console and reduce the size and fix the controls. Its like 10-15 bucks a game. I just hope that this mod chip will make them wait off on releaseing it. Patch the mod chip and use the ps1 emu to yet again show that we can't have it and make people loose HB and update.

Forever~Zero
June 2nd, 2006, 10:42
The reason for my concern. Is that i live in Malaysia and my parents probably wont let me charge anything to their credit card. Cant they make a program or something to make them fit on the PSP?

Zion
June 2nd, 2006, 16:40
I doubt sony are that good :p

vettacossx
June 2nd, 2006, 19:41
sony is as good as they want to PAY to be ......id say that if your smart....you KNOW fanjita COULD crack the firmewares ....but ask yourself this...IS IT WORTH FANJITA WASTING AN EXPLOIT on these last two NON_feature rich firmewares......when he could wait for say ps3 to psp connection,or memory stick boot ( memory stick boot is due around the same time as the ps3 and im guessing that MEM stick BOOT is how we will be able to BOOT these ps1 games ;) ) so in conclusion:
the ps1 wont release untill the ps3 to psp is out!
( more sales)
and that is the kind of feature rich firmeware that would be WORTH using an existing but not used yet exploit on...;)
of course this is all vetta x speculation.:)....but an educated guess none the less ....lets say its my hypothisis....jmanummkay and i actually talked about this very thing when 2.7 was released with its ANCIENT flash support ....lmao

Zion
June 2nd, 2006, 20:30
Very good point :D

coo
June 2nd, 2006, 20:30
i think the ps1 emu for psp (official sony one) will charge downloadable roms for $15 a pop

Zion
June 2nd, 2006, 21:03
Im sure with the PS1 games there will be $$$ involved anyway..............

I doubt Sony will be giving them away :(

Unfortunatly! :p

hotbird
June 2nd, 2006, 21:19
update2.71 is good or no good

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SSaxdude
June 2nd, 2006, 22:14
update2.71 is good or no good

None of the updates are "good." I'm sure when this Playstation emulator is released it will require an update, cost $15 a game, and could be the downfall of homebrew since most people will update.

Zion
June 2nd, 2006, 22:47
I like many others will wait until the v3.0 firmware is cracked and be able to use the emu on say 1.5 firmware. I love launching my hombrew from the menu, and even sony's ps1 emu would not make me update for it! :p

Forever~Zero
June 3rd, 2006, 10:40
Man 15 a game. That sucks to the core. That translate to almost 50 my currency. Dangit.

DirtyDevil
June 3rd, 2006, 11:48
methinks that if yu have a modchip you can use the ps1 emu and still ise youre homebrew,can't wait for it :D

coo
June 4th, 2006, 16:57
yeah, the modchip will let you run 2 firmwars in one psp

if you upgrade, you will still have to pay for the ps1 roms though

Zion
June 4th, 2006, 19:40
It will be the ideal way to not having to update! Dual firmware's the key! :p

vettacossx
June 11th, 2006, 17:47
KERNALL ACCESS IS KEY actually ;)
THAT is the BIG deal....and WHY NO ONE WOULD HAVE EVEN MADE A MODCHIP IF KERNALL ACCESS WAS AVAILABLE IN 2.01 and up ;)

coo
June 11th, 2006, 22:34
whell, there is dev_hook, which lets you emulate firmware 2.5 on a 1.5 psp with homebrew support

the devs are working on 2.6 and 2.7 now

PS: the web browser actually works

Tetris999
June 12th, 2006, 04:32
so what we talking bout here the frigging modchip is gonna get outdated even when we install it or sony cant do shit and we win MUHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAH

blaz3d
June 12th, 2006, 14:18
This hardware mod will always work IMHO. Man in the middle hacks are what allow an xbox to still run on live unmodified like a retail box, and if you think about it instead of a new bois bank we've got a new firmware flash bank.<p>
we will all be happy for a long time to come

BALL_SAC
June 13th, 2006, 02:20
Sony can not block the modchip, as it uses an external flash to boot. There is very little chance of sony blocking this. I still think that just to be careful, people should not upgrade unless its confirmed that the modchip works.

Accordion
June 13th, 2006, 16:55
to be safe why not just put the latest firmware on your modchip flash
and keep 1.5 on the psp
im not going to bother with custom firmware unless someone gets linux on, even then my psp will remain 1.5 the modchip can do the changing

easy money

Zion
June 13th, 2006, 21:41
vettacossx, Good point:p

Kernal access is the key! :D

HellsPlumber
June 25th, 2006, 03:31
The modchip dosent work using the firmware so it cant be blocked by it. Good job coz I got 2.71 and want a modchip=P

Gizmo356
June 25th, 2006, 07:14
kernal access and latest fimware i just wet my pants lol