PDA

View Full Version : Genesis emulator help

Zeppo
June 1st, 2006, 19:22
Though it has probably been discussed prior to this I am in need of help. I am very new to the psp (I bought it about 3 hours ago) and consequently know very little about it. A friend of mine told me that a megadrive/genesis emulator existed for the psp and that information could be found at this website. However I am completely lost and therefore I am hoping somebody can help. How exactly do I get one? Any help would be much appreciated and the more comprehensive the better. Thank you

Cooe14
June 1st, 2006, 19:52
What is your psp's firmware? (look in system settings.)

Damian666
June 2nd, 2006, 02:25
Well, Zeppo hopefully I can help you. Cooe14 is right about one thing, you do need to check your PSP's firmware. Next, when you first enter this website, look on the left side and scroll down a bit until you come across "Emulators". Here you can find all sorts of fantastic emulators for your PSP, from Atari to eSwan. The best Sega Genesis emulator we have to offer to you is DGen, in which I will provide for you once I receive your firmware.

Zeppo
June 2nd, 2006, 14:20
I am sorry my ineptitude is quite astounding. I have looked in system settings and can find no mention of firmware. Could somebody please help me find it? is it under a different name?

D0N
June 2nd, 2006, 15:34
Go to Settings then go to system information. then it will say version. That will be your firmware version.

Zeppo
June 2nd, 2006, 15:41
Cheers Dawd. Ok it says version 2.01

Zion
June 2nd, 2006, 16:39
Use Dgen v7.0 or 1.3. It's the best genesis emulator

Cooe14
June 2nd, 2006, 18:33
You need eloader and GTA first.

Damian666
June 2nd, 2006, 19:22
Dawd, DGen version 1.30 is the best version to run of firmwares 2.01+. And, the go with Cooe14 on this one, you will need Fanjita's eloader at www.noobz.eu (http://www.noobz.eu) from there get the highest version of his Eloader which is 0.97 Super Bock Alternative.

D0N
June 3rd, 2006, 11:02
Dawd, DGen version 1.30 is the best version to run of firmwares 2.01+. And, the go with Cooe14 on this one, you will need Fanjita's eloader at www.noobz.eu (http://www.noobz.eu) from there get the highest version of his Eloader which is 0.97 Super Bock Alternative.

It's not me who needs the help its Zeppo...

OBSOLETEMACHINE78
June 11th, 2006, 22:30
i need some help. i'm new to this. i'm having trouble finding a dgen emu. that'll work on my psp fw 2.0. i have the eloader 0.97. all the other emu's i've installed are working for me. the only one i'm having trouble with is genesis one. any help would be appriecated. also can you provide a link to the emu. thanx

pspcross
June 12th, 2006, 15:52
hi mate

here's a link to dgen

http://dl.qj.net/index.php?pg=19&src=dgen&catid=106&go.x=0&go.y=0

use 1.3 version.

i am using it on bock with 2.5 firmware

runs a treat.

any probs let me know and i will try to help

pspcross

waytoodeep03
June 14th, 2006, 18:30
Where do I put the games? I made a dgen folder put the eboot file in that folder as well as a "ROMS" folder to store the games. When I open up the dgen through the GTA eloader I see no games.

What have I done wrong?

Pratt75
June 17th, 2006, 15:17
bump this thread, I'm having problems getting this to work too. I have firmware 2.6 on my psp. I've downloaded dgen and a nes emulator. I am able to locate the emulator on my psp but when I try to load it I get an error message.