PDA

View Full Version : Help, my psps buttons inputs are all screwed up in some homebrew programs

centroles
June 1st, 2006, 21:58
I've taken great care of my psp hardware wise.

Now some of the buttons screw up under certain circumstances.

I know that this is a software problem only, because all the buttons work find during gameplay and when browsing through the psp main menu. They mainly show up when I use the homekey or when browsing through the main menus of homebrew programs.

The problems seem to have started after I upgraded to 2.0 and didn't disappear when I downgraded to 1.5.

Anyone know how I can reflash my entire psp's internal software.

Here are the problems I'm having.

When I press the home button to exit any emulator or game or umd movie, the menu pops up, if i want to exit, yes or no. But I can't move to the yes part by pressing either the left key or moving the analog nub to the left, and thus I can only exit games by turning off the console.

In the snes9xtyl .4.2 main menu, the program thinks that my r button is held down constantly because it keeps switching from USB Connection on to USB off without me pressing anything.

In the Smash GPSP game mainmenu, none of the button inputs are recieved and thus the game doesn't start.

Keep in mind that these errors in input only occur in the mainmenu of emulators, and when trying to exit a game using the home key. In game all the inputs are recognized perfectly.

-----------------------------

I'm wondering if anyone has a similar problem or can think of a way I'll be able to reboot the software on my psp.

Did sony perchance put something in the 2.0 upgrade to mess up the controller inputs in the main menus of emulators and such? Something that stuck around even after I downgraded?

Tip to all, don't upgrade to 2.0 to downgrade later. It's not worth it.

Thank you so much for any help.

I've had my psp for over 2 years now. Anychance I'll be able to get sony to fix my psp since it's just a software problem. If so, I'll just take out the memory stick with my homebrew and upgrade back to 2.0 before I send it in.

gavind
June 1st, 2006, 22:56
i have the same problem, R trigger button seems to get stuck and then doesnt work on the Home screen and also in some games,

however i dont think its a software problem like the above post does but if anyone has had any similar problems could they please respond to how they fixed it.

thank you

centroles
June 2nd, 2006, 01:27
Why don't you think it's a software problem.

I'm convinced it is because the exact same things happen in certain menus.

In the home menu and during quake in game, the psp thinks the right button on the dpad is pressed down constantly and responds accordingly. the same is true in certain other emulators.

In the SNEStyl game menu, the psp thinks the r trigger is pressed down constantly and responds accordingly by constantly toggling usb on and off.

in everything else, all the buttons work just fine. I can play burnout without a hitch and it requires very fine controls to do so.

Is this exactly what happens to you too. If it is, I'm sure it's a software glitch of some sort.

If there is just some program to recalibrate the psp, the problems should go away.