PDA

View Full Version : Testing on PSPE

tuta
June 3rd, 2006, 01:54
Hi I am a PSP homebrew noob and planning to get A psp and i want homebrews to actually work on my psp so I would like to test run some homebrews on the PSPE 1st.

So I got A few question and issues

Firstly i cant run PSPE when I run the exe file doesnt load at all but on the root folder i get a stderr text document saying:
not PBP
libpng error: Not a PNG file
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

Second How to check the firmware requirements for games i am planning of getting SRW MX and I still want homebrew games along with my psp

My last question is can 2.6 firmware still able to load homebrews as I read this thread http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26103 its says to check out fanjita eloader but isnt it for firmware 2.0?

Thanks and Sry for all these noob questions

coo
June 3rd, 2006, 02:18
first, do yoy have the sdl.dll file in the right directory or installed at all

second, the psp may not be compatable

third,
libpng error: Not a PNG file might be in the stderr txt file because the icon for the pbp may not be a png or the right size

hope that helps, i am a n00b with pspe testing too

coo
June 3rd, 2006, 02:20
also, many pbp's such as iso loaders, iris, psp quake, psp doom and many others are not compatable with pspe

you need a psp to test all the homebrew

nightwinn
June 3rd, 2006, 02:23
There is an eloader for all firmwares from 2.0 and up. The 2.0 eloader uses the tiff exploit in the pictures. The 2.1 to 2.6 use the save exploit in GTA LCS. Fanjita.org has the files. The forums there should explain everything. There is a very helpful thread here (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=36096).

Sorry, I was thinking of the programs to run homebrew on the psp. As far as PSPE is concerned, I am not sure how to run the eloaders on it. I don't think they will work, do to the fact that the above conditions have to be met. If I'm wrong on this, someone please correct me.

Zion
June 3rd, 2006, 02:31
Very little will work on pspe unfortunatly.

shadowprophet
June 3rd, 2006, 02:35
also, many pbp's such as iso loaders, iris, psp quake, psp doom and many others are not compatable with pspe

you need a psp to test all the homebrew
coo.
Check it out bro, I know your not telling prople how to load warez but the rules are specific.
Rules
1: No illegal/improper content such as warez (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warez), links to warez, FTP sites with illegal content, etc. This includes Utopia (boot disk) and illegal hacked browsers. No talking about making backup of getting backup/warez running on your system. (i.e. NO posts abouit UMD iso launcher)

2: No Flameing for any reason.

3: Posting of anything considered spam (signing up just to promote a site, unless relevent to a specifc topic)

4: No posting links to pyramid schemes (i.e. free ipod etc)

5: Any topics trying to sell anything mybe deleted at our discretion (no ebay links to your own auctions).

6: Sig pics can not be bigger an 120 x 520 pixels, and 25kBs in size

This is now zero tolerence, if any of these rules are broken, the admistration will/may perminantly ban you without warning

And yes , this falls into rule #1.

This is just a warning, Your not in any trouble.
but stop posting anything about iso loaders at all.
We would rather people didnt know they exisisted as it is..

nightwinn
June 3rd, 2006, 02:47
Shadowprophet is right. Besides, who wants to run copied isos when you can run homebrew that is even better? Beats of Rage happens to take up most of my spare time.

Zion
June 3rd, 2006, 02:50
Couldn't have said it better myself :p

tuta
June 3rd, 2006, 03:29
Ok firstly I am not trying to run ISO on my PC I just want to know how to get PSPE running and yes I have the the sdl.dll file in the correct place I read the faqs.

I want to test homebrews on PSPE cos I want to know how they are like before I step in to gettin a psp for myself.My main objective is to play Super Robot Wars MX but I still want homebrew games especially BOR and some GBA or N64 emulators to work.

So anybody know what firmware does SRW MX need and which firmware is best if I want to have homebrews to work while still able to play SRW MX?

I know GTA is needed for firmware 2.xx but are ther currently any homebrew for firmware 2.xx currently if not what are the chances of it coming out because if sony keeps changing firmwares and PSP games keeps pacing up along with the firm ware psp users will be split into homebrew or commercial games its a tough choice.