PDA

View Full Version : neogeo cdz 0.4 working on 2.5 with bock here's how!!

pspcross
June 3rd, 2006, 09:58
ok a quick guide to how i got neocdz to work.

1) download and extract neocdz 0.4 file.
2) you should see the following

1.0 folder
1.5 folder
README.TXT
readmej.txt.

3) create a new folder on your PC called "NEOCDPSP"
4) into this folder copy the eboot from the folder 1.0 above.
5) now you need the neocd bios this can be obtain from the internet with a bit of searching should be a file called "NeoCD.bin" and is 512kb.
6) copy this into the folder from step3 above.

ok so far.

next onto the games this is where is gets tricky.

7) take your neocd game file you want to use
i used bust a move for example.

now inside this zipped file should be an iso and a cue file. you have to convert the iso to a zip file.

8) to do this extract the iso using winrar. you should now have a list of new files i had nine in total.

9) take these files and zip them using winzip again.
( the neocdz does not read them otherwize on psp)

10) create a folder for your game ie bustamove under the NEOCDPSP folder from step3 and then copy your new winzipped game file to here.

11) copy the folder NEOCDPSP to the game directory on your psp and start your eloader.

12) neocdpsp should be on your list. execute it and then when it loads you should see your bustamove folder.

13) enter the folder using the circle button and you should see your zipped game file

14) select the game file and press circle again you will then get a message saying zipped files are slow etc but press circle to launch and the game will load.

15) bust a move seemed to run fine for me but i can't if its slow or not. i don't think so

once the game has loaded you can exit the emu by pressing the left shoulder button to go to a menu.

you can exit at the bottom.

i only tried bustamove and league bowling at the moment becuase they were small files to try.

now league bowling is a bit different because most of the game files also have mp3 files.

the procedure here is almost the same

uncompress the main zip file you will have an iso, a cue file and an mp3 file.

at this point winrar the iso file to get lots of game files and copy them into a new game folder.

ie league bowling folder. inside this folder create a new folder called neocd.mp3. copy the mp3 file from the zip into this folder.

now select all the files in this folder including the the mp3 subfolder and zip them using winzip. this should now create a game folder which works with neocdz.

create a new folder under the NEOCDPSP on the psp for your game and copy the newly created gamefile to there.

then go ahead and run the emu and enjoy.

hope this helps people.

let me know how you get on.

the process should be exactly the same for larger game other tahn you will have a load more files.

all the best.

these have to be placed in a folder called neocd.mp3 inside your zip file for the game when you transfer it to the psp.

pspcross
June 4th, 2006, 20:45
i have since tried a few more games.

magician lord is fine ( set emu to 333mhz in menu)

aero fighters 3 works fine

supersidekicks 2 works ok but the pitch is missing (maybe the rom i had though)

metal slug runs fine too

burning rom would not unrar the iso but the file
may have also been corrupt

cheers

gunntims0103
June 4th, 2006, 20:52
good to know thanx