PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new PSP - what to get!!

TEAL DRAGON128
June 4th, 2006, 02:40
If you have the money and soldering skills get the giga pack w/ 2.6 and then get the Undiluted Platnium mod chip.

SSaxdude
June 4th, 2006, 13:59
Get 1.5, just don't expect all UMDs to run. That's why backing up the games you own is a good idea. Homebrew is a ton easier on 1.5 than 2.6. You don't have to boot up GTA everytime, and more homebrew works on 1.5. It might cost more, but that's because it's much rarer.

acn010
June 4th, 2006, 14:26
1.5 is better as you can see, but theres huge chances to not find one, reason is when people heard about emulation on the psp, people started to buy the system like crazy.
i recomend you to buy any consule between 1.50-2.00.
2..0 you can downgrade it to 1.50.
ok, to find one there is some letter on the code bar on the box you must search eithernone, A, B C or D.
these letters are a way to find the firmwire between 1.50-200.
dont buy E, F, G, H and I which there later versions starting version 2.10-2.60. that means that dont buy a refurbish, single pack or giga pack.
don't look on stores such as video game store (EB games, etc....), find a place that has it but they don't succesfully sell them, ones you find a store, tell the employer to see the box (don't even open the package, or you have to pay the system)search the code bar on the side (in the bar, upper right to search the letter) if you find beetween no letter to D) BUY IT no matter what!!!!!!
once you found it and don't have the money and come back with money, theres huge chances that you will not find it again on the store.
don't be shy to ask for the psp to see, just ask and also reason your searching (later, probably the owner will post outside his window that the store has the old firmwire psp consules.). don't ask for the verson, cause they will not understand what your saying, just ask for the box.
and presto! the search is ended.
there many people are searching old psp's around the world and i call them 1.5 hunters. (i actually saw 2 people searching the same thing, lol, in the same store)

acn010
June 4th, 2006, 14:34
search for letters A - D. those are old verions between 1.50 -2.00
dont buy giga pack, refurbished, single pack,
old value pack.
don't buy the box with letters E, F, G, H, I (on the code bar upper right section)
don't buy in super stores, best buy, eb games, etc not buy on known stores,

w_k20a
June 4th, 2006, 19:59
Ok so i think i am finally breaking down and getting one. Now the question is which one?

I have a choice basically between a 1.5 vs a 2.6 (giga pack)

i know with 1.5 i am getting homebrew abilities, but what do i loose by not going 2.6? I cant find this anywhere. any help will be great thanks

oh and the giga pack turns out to be cheaper than the 1.5 too lol

V3N0M
June 4th, 2006, 20:45
Its harder to run Homebrew on 2.6 not to mantion it doesn't run as fast as 1.5.

gunntims0103
June 4th, 2006, 20:47
yeay get the 1.5 i sold mines it was the biggest mistake of ma life...........i run out of 2.6 e-loader its good but 1.5 is better in the summer i should be gettin another psp il make sure its 1.5

Malksta
June 4th, 2006, 21:14
get the 1.5 and emulate 2.6...

yesenia2952
June 4th, 2006, 21:19
1.5 is way better :)

The 2.50 is lame... the only thing you loose is the web browser

middlemaniac
June 4th, 2006, 22:40
Get 1.5! It's a lot better!

Zion
June 4th, 2006, 23:42
1.5 all the way!

w_k20a
June 5th, 2006, 16:55
looks like the general consensus is 1.5

besides looking for the letters a/b/c/d what PSP product code should I look for if I want to make sure I get a japanese one?

Cooe14
June 5th, 2006, 20:37
looks like the general consensus is 1.5

besides looking for the letters a/b/c/d what PSP product code should I look for if I want to make sure I get a japanese one?
Why do you want a Jap one? Do you live in Japan? If you do japanese is 1000.

w_k20a
June 6th, 2006, 04:31
Why do you want a Jap one? Do you live in Japan? If you do japanese is 1000.

Jap ones got the the Sharp lcds dont they?