PDA

View Full Version : Are there any homebrews that shut down the PSP(intentionally)?

justin138
June 5th, 2006, 03:27
Like, as an alternative to holding down the off switch for three seconds, is it possible to compile an application to turn off the PSP?

LeperMessiah
June 5th, 2006, 03:36
Like, as an alternative to holding down the off switch for three seconds, is it possible to compile an application to turn off the PSP?

Wouldn't that be nice! :P

Cooe14
June 5th, 2006, 03:36
Not that I know of, but why would you want to spend like 15secs loading up a homebrew when you can shut it off the old-fashioned way in like 3?

justin138
June 5th, 2006, 04:26
True..I guess.

under_0ath777
June 5th, 2006, 04:36
completely useless lol

LeperMessiah
June 5th, 2006, 04:37
Not that I know of, but why would you want to spend like 15secs loading up a homebrew when you can shut it off the old-fashioned way in like 3?

Yeah but my beef is when you have Homebrew that freezes upon exiting and then you have to sit there for like 30-40 seconds holding the power switch off.

kyle2194
June 5th, 2006, 05:27
But say you were in irshell. Which launches homebrew instantly.

Fanjita
June 6th, 2006, 14:21
Just write a homebrew that does a null pointer dereference without any exception handler configured.

That will crash and then turn off your PSP, within about 5-10 seconds.

e.g.

int *nullptr = NULL;

*nullptr = 0;

LeperMessiah
June 6th, 2006, 23:13
Just write a homebrew that does a null pointer dereference without any exception handler configured.

That will crash and then turn off your PSP, within about 5-10 seconds.

e.g.

int *nullptr = NULL;

*nullptr = 0;

That's cool. Any ideas on how you reboot from a "frozen" homebrew to the PSP main menu?

Also won't it be nice when homebrew could be run without an exploit? So you wouldn't have to reload GTA save games each time hehe.