PDA

View Full Version : Games...... Again!

lordofthefiles
December 29th, 2004, 08:59
Hi, I just got an N-gage and with it came a cd of games.
I've tried all the install options offered on this forum and nothing seems to work.

Most of the games are ".app" files, and these aren't mentioned on this forum.

I can find the games on the "disk" inside the N-gage by using fexplorer but they won't run.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

lordofthefiles
December 29th, 2004, 10:45
Right, I've come to the conclusion that I may not know what I'm talking about.

This is my problem:
I have the games on cd.
I Can drop them into the Ngage via the PC. But don't know quite where to drop them.

duynguyen
January 8th, 2005, 04:40
i think you can drop them anywhere, then use an explorer like fexplorer to install them ;)

duynguyen
January 8th, 2005, 04:43
by the way, can you send me those games via e-mail?
my address is [email protected]

michelle62
January 10th, 2005, 09:10
hi there can anyone please help
i have just a n-gage and got my self a mmc i am finding it very hard to understand how to send games and things i have download i have also downloaded fexploerer to please please can some one help meeeeeeeeeee

Miyus_Gaiden
January 13th, 2005, 04:16
;) New 2 this forum so h-e-l-l-o 2 u's Gamers!
Can any-1 tell me if the N-gage is able to play any n-gage games from anywhere in the world? *I'm in the UK and want to play a Us n-gage game, I think it might be possible as looking @ my n-gage games it don't say its Pal or anything+the n-gage can go on the net and that, advise any-1 please?

dolomite
January 14th, 2005, 03:29
LOL! Well for one thing that CD of games you got (i'm assuming off ebay) if basically full of illegal games and there is no distinction between US or UK. But not like it matters since Nokia "seems" to endorse it anyways since it helps circulation and may actually increase N-gage sales. :P

So anyways, to get the games to play on your N-gage, you'll need : and MMC (multimedia card), and MMC reader.
In your game CD, the games should be in their own directories folder. In each of the folder, there should be an APPS folder. In the in the APPS folder is the folder where the actual game files are(for example SonicN would have a SONICN folder and FIFA2005 would be in the 6R53 folder).
When you have the MMC reader(with the MMC card inserted) connected to your computer, copy the actual game folder to the SYSTEM\APPS\ folder in your MMC card. Do the same thing with any other games you want to install - depending on how much room you have on the MMC.
Then put the MMC back in the ngage, and you should see the games in your menu.
Keep in mind that if you DO NOT have an extra MMC card to use AND an MMC reader, then you're pretty much screwed. I think all the Nokia symbian phones uses the SYSTEM\APPS\ directory folder to store all games and applications.

BTW folks, N-gage games are floating all over the net. You just need to search a little harder. I have every single one of them up to date.