PDA

View Full Version : Puyo Dash Hack in Dreamcast Bios by Ron

MrTeressaBond
June 6th, 2006, 16:50
Hey everyone! take a look at this!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2540417534694267009&q=Dreamcast

u will Flash Player installed to play it.

it simply looks amazing!

i was searching it up and i came to its main site, and i think it has been removed or something like that.

does anyone know if this can be done on other DC's? i wouldnt mind my DC doing something like that.

would you?

hehehe

Darksaviour69
June 6th, 2006, 16:56
its just a vmu save you need to do it, it was an easter egg from sonic team... no a hack. all u need is a Puyo Puyo fever save to do it

GagaMan
June 6th, 2006, 17:22
I nabbed a Puyo Puyo Fever save from VMUTOOL, but the bios thingy didn't work. =(

Imerion
June 7th, 2006, 22:45
Use VMU-tools. It can do it. Don't remember exactly how though.

MrTeressaBond
June 8th, 2006, 22:57
where do you get this save then?

MrTeressaBond
June 10th, 2006, 11:13
anyone?

Darksaviour69
June 10th, 2006, 19:45
I nabbed a Puyo Puyo Fever save from VMUTOOL, but the bios thingy didn't work. =(

i think you have to hold both triggers or something

MrTeressaBond
June 13th, 2006, 22:40
anyone?

where can you find it?

Sweater Fish Deluxe
June 15th, 2006, 03:52
It's Start that you have to press Start on the BIOS screen to enable the special mode, not L and R. So try that and make sure you have the VMU with the save on it in your controller, of course.

If it still doesn't work, you may not have gotten the right VMU save. Puyo Puyo Fever creates three saves. One is a regular save, one is a PVR image to replace the background of the normal BIOS screen and the third is the save that enables the special BIOS screen. That one should be two blocks and be called ICONDATA_VMS and like all ICONDATA_VMS files it will not show up in the DC BIOS file manager, but will show up in the VMU's own file manager.

I did some experimenting when this trick first came to light and it's possible to put any PVR image (may have to be specific deminsions, I can't recall) into that second VMU file I mentioned and have it in the background of your BIOS, not just the Puyo Puyo pictures that come with the game. I made a few custom ones, but PVR pics are so big that it's not really worth the wasted space to keep them on your VMU.

...word is bondage...