PDA

View Full Version : So what's the best way forward for my new phat?...

eyedee
November 13th, 2009, 15:58
In september I purchased a new PSP-3003 which came with OFW 5.03. I immediately put ChickHEN R2 and CFW 5.03 GEN-A on it and began converting my old PSX games. But I quickly got fed up of having to load up ChickHEN every time I wanted to use it, and I wanted to use some of the PSP's standard features that required me to log into the Playstation Network using official sony formware, so I began looking into buying an old PSP phat that I could use for all CFW related stuff.

I recently bought a couple of broken 1000's and used the parts to make one working machine. I guess the working one has been hacked in the past as it has a custom theme saved to the PSP's onboard memory, but the system software just says: version 4.05, so it's running official sony firmware.

Anyway, I now want to place the best CFW on it and get it running my eboot PSX games and SNES roms etc. There seems to be lots of different ways of doing this and lots of different custom software solutions that can be installed. Is there a general opinion as to what the best CFW to install is, and the best way to install it? Is it best to buy a Pandora battery and a pre made Magic memory stick to downgrade the PSP to OFW 1.5 and then install CFW, or is it best to make my own Pandora battery from a spare battery I have and then download Magic memory stick software from the internet and make my own MMS? Or is there a way of getting the best CFW on the PSP-1000 without having to manually 'make' a Pandora battery, but bare in mind I don't know anyone with a PSP, let alone a PSP with CFW.

Guidance as to the best path would be really appreciated.

Cheers.

eyedee
November 13th, 2009, 22:55
Not to worry... Researched all possibilities and worked out that after updating the official firmware to 5.03, I could use 'ChickHEN R2' and 'Hellcat's Recover Flasher' to install 5.00 M33-4 CFW without the need for an MMS or Pandora battery. Result.

thomaszmark
November 24th, 2009, 02:08
yeah, I also just get PSP3, it's so wonderful and interesting.