PDA

View Full Version : Talismoon announces polish to repair scratches

bandit
June 7th, 2006, 17:52
Talismoon are set to release a low cost formulated polish to eliminate scratches from the PSP, iPod, mobile phones and similiar screens. The instructions state that you have to apply the polish to the scratched areas with the included cleaning cloth and your respective screen will look as good as new!

Product Description

Handheld consoles (PSP, GP2X etc.), MP3 players (iPod etc.), mobile telephones and PDA displays scratch very easily and thus appear shabby and unsightly. Talismoon Displex offers a simple solution for this widespread customer problem.

With this new type of special polishing paste, end users have for the first time the possibility of eliminating the scratches in their displays quickly and cost-effectively in a do-it-yourself process. Displex is a patented product, simply because it WORKS! Efficiently! Scratches are removed and screens appear like new!

Talismoon Displex pack come in a special secure blister to protect the tube during shipping (useful for online orders) and with a polishing cloth designed to optomize Displex application. All you need is in the pack!

Usage:

Apply some DISPLEX to the display. Polish the scratched areas with heavy pressure for 2-3 minutes with a soft, clean cotton cloth.
Repeat application as necessary for deep scratches. The display will shine again.

How does it work :

The plastic lens is lightly dissolved and polished with fine abrasive particles.

The corners of the scratch traces are rounded off and the fissure bottom filled out with the material of the lens itself.

http://www.divineo.fr/divineo/images/products/msc-tdis.jpg

Official Website: Talismoon (http://www.talismoon.com)

Shadowblind
June 7th, 2006, 18:48
I can still see such a product not working, seeing as many people have tried to remove permanant scratches with cheap products. The only way to remove them permanantly as I see it would be to take them to a game store for repair.

But what do I know

bandit
June 7th, 2006, 21:48
This is to repair scratches on screens NOT cds or discs hence the words on the tube "DISPLEX Display Polish".

Shilo
June 7th, 2006, 21:50
I hope this works, because my PSP is very scratched up :(

Shadowblind
June 7th, 2006, 22:02
I mean display screens, not cds. Do you have a Game Exchange store near you? They should repair the screens.

bandit
June 7th, 2006, 22:07
Majority of the products that sell these type of things dont repair deep scratches. They'll repair minor scratches.

You can preorder them at Divineo (http://www.divineo.com/php/affstart.php?affcode=bandit&prod=zz-psp-plexi). It costs $5.99.

bandit
June 7th, 2006, 22:12
I mean display screens, not cds. Do you have a Game Exchange store near you? They should repair the screens.
I'm in the US and probably majority of the users. So no, there is no Game Exchange. I never heard of stores repairing screens..only cds.

But even so, I dont think a store can fix a deep scratch. Stores cant even fix deep scratches on a cd. If you do, you'll ruin the cd and the data on it. But with cds, they buffer it thus removing the top layer of the cd.