PDA

View Full Version : PS1 on PSP??

mauro2029
June 8th, 2006, 07:18
Hey the other day I saw on a tv show about video games an image of an E3 presentation, where there was a psp and kind of a connection with a ps1. I don't know much about the psp, is there a way to run ps1 games on a psp? Or is it someting sony plans to do?

shadowprophet
June 8th, 2006, 09:38
Hey the other day I saw on a tv show about video games an image of an E3 presentation, where there was a psp and kind of a connection with a ps1. I don't know much about the psp, is there a way to run ps1 games on a psp? Or is it someting sony plans to do?
What you saw was most likely the psp playing emulated psone games. Sony has a some plan to release some sort of way to play psone games on the psp, But we really dont know a whole lot about it at the moment.
We dont even know if it will be emulaton that plays psone games, Or a program sony will be doing to port psone games so they can be played on the psp for a fee.
At the moment we are pretty much in the dark about it;)

Shilo
June 8th, 2006, 10:37
At the moment we are pretty much in the dark about it;)

Lets hope that Sony turns on the light :D I really want to know what they are gona do with it. They already have it, so why don't they at least release more info on it.

shadowprophet
June 8th, 2006, 10:41
Lets hope that Sony turns on the light :D I really want to know what they are gona do with it. They already have it, so why don't they at least release more info on it.
I just hope like almost everything else there is a way around updateing ones firmware to use this:cool:

Shilo
June 8th, 2006, 12:07
I just hope like almost everything else there is a way around updateing ones firmware to use this:cool:

LOL I amost forgot about that :D I don't think I would give up everything just to play PSOne games that I would probly have to wait for. Lets hope someone somewere sometime will figure out something.

Forever~Zero
June 8th, 2006, 12:56
I just hope they just release a program to let us compress the games we have right now to PSP playble. That way we wont have to pay for each game. Somehow i dont think it'll happen.

mauro2029
June 9th, 2006, 17:18
OH man, I just got a PSP, its a brand new 1.5 prolly one of the last ones out there (I live in a 3rd world country, that's why I think I managed to get it).... I'm totally new to the psp, but so eager to learn, can't wait to try out all the homebrew and stuff...... any recomendations?

shadowprophet
June 9th, 2006, 17:46
OH man, I just got a PSP, its a brand new 1.5 prolly one of the last ones out there (I live in a 3rd world country, that's why I think I managed to get it).... I'm totally new to the psp, but so eager to learn, can't wait to try out all the homebrew and stuff...... any recomendations?

Metal gear acid, Darkstalkers the chaos tower,
grand theft auto, socom fire team bravo, need for speed underground rivals:p
And of corse in the homebrew scean.
I recomend snes9x emu,
Daedalus the n64 emu, homers rin the game boy emu, and nester J the Nes emu, and beyond that, I recomend having a blast with your psp :D

gunntims0103
June 9th, 2006, 17:53
having two psp's at this point is best one at 1.5 and the other for future sony updates for the ps1 emu

ACID
June 9th, 2006, 19:05
Acording to E3 thoes are the actuall plans for sony and the reason why there goign to release two new versions of the psp a 4gb flash drive PSP & a 8gb flash drive psp.

Forever~Zero
June 10th, 2006, 02:23
Acording to E3 thoes are the actuall plans for sony and the reason why there goign to release two new versions of the psp a 4gb flash drive PSP & a 8gb flash drive psp.

Huh? You mean a PSP with 4gig internal memory? Not possible. That would seriously piss us users off. However they are releasing 4gig and 8gig memory stick pro duo (or duo pro cant really remember).

mavsman4457
June 10th, 2006, 02:50
is the n64 playable at this point? what percent speed is it running at?

Accordion
June 10th, 2006, 16:14
search....
the....
forum....
please...