PDA

View Full Version : how do u make a skybox

Buddy4point0
June 9th, 2006, 02:03
how do u make a skybox for iris maps using radiant k thanks also i cant uise my custom textures for some reason i have the in 256 color rgb mode tga but when i load the directory i make for them they dont show up it does work if i use a diferent texture then go to my computer and overwrite that texture with mine ok plz help thanks alot bye

Kaiser
June 9th, 2006, 03:27
Moving to Iris mod forum ;)

Briggzy11
June 9th, 2006, 10:31
I dont really think this will be possible as IRIS does not support any sort of teleportation for the players yet, either can you shoot from above or below so there would not really be much point for this yet.
Either way as I tell most people with good ideas like sky boxes etc, prove me wrong lol.

As for your Radient K I am unsure about your textures problem. All I can say about that atm is to either look onto the help that comes with your program or look on the forums here and see what help you can recieve.

Good luck with your map too :)

Briggzy11
June 9th, 2006, 10:34
Ok I just took a look for you about the textures and this is what I found...

"Textures need to be 24bit TGAs in RGB mode with a maximum of 256 colors"

You didnt mention about the bit of the TGA files so maybe this will help :D

Buddy4point0
June 10th, 2006, 22:07
k i figured out what my problem was i was putting them in the wrong place lol and about iris not being able to handle a skybox all of the q..... maps that come with iris 0.2 have one so they work i just dont know how to make one

PSmonkey
June 11th, 2006, 05:27
i think you have to use an exsisting q3 sky.

I talked to mgfox about this and it's a difficult one to figure out. Pretty much if the skybox in q3 shows up right in your map, it should in iris as well.

Buddy4point0
June 11th, 2006, 16:01
yea well i wish i new how to make one show up right at all whenever i try to use that skybox thing it is always just little square

Briggzy11
June 12th, 2006, 00:30
ahhh sorry for any false information I gave to you fakenotreallie...

...I do hope your map is successful, are you able to use the halo 2 map and just take the sky box from that?

PSmonkey
June 12th, 2006, 01:35
guess best thing is to find a q3 tutorial on making a sky.

Buddy4point0
June 12th, 2006, 01:42
i dont know of a way to convert a halo 2 map into a quake 3 map otherwise i would have done that already but im working on some interesting things for iris halo and ill realise them soon