PDA

View Full Version : New to the scene - Q about DS Lite

don1
June 11th, 2006, 10:18
I'm new to the DS-emu scene, I've been reading the websites and I have a question about the DS Lite.

I understand the carts the SD carts plug into are GBA carts - and GBA carts stick out the bottom of DS lites.

Is there any way to play homebrew/emu DS lite without a cart sticking out the bottom? As the SD cards get pretty small is it POSSIBLE that the 'supercard' could be made smaller to not stick out of the DS? Is there any point in me waiting for one of these to be released?

I want to listen to mp3s and stuff with the DS closed in my pocket - but I'm not sure I could with shit sticking out of it. Is there anything I can do?

pspcross
June 11th, 2006, 13:52
hey younggunn check your pm

Vernonjr
June 11th, 2006, 18:49
unfortunately no... but gah, just take the cart out and put them both in your pocket individually. A gba cart isnt very large by any means, so its not too big of a deal, honest.

Shadowblind
June 11th, 2006, 18:52
huh... a gba emulator for a ds.....

thats pretty useless.....

don1
June 12th, 2006, 01:55
hey younggunn check your pm
?

unfortunately no... but gah, just take the cart out and put them both in your pocket individually. A gba cart isnt very large by any means, so its not too big of a deal, honest.
I'm just thinking that since the SD mem card is so small, the SuperPassKey people might make a version thats small enough to not stick out of the DS lite.

Vernonjr
June 12th, 2006, 21:40
don, i kinda see where your coming from, but the smallest size they could possibly make is the size of a standard gba cart. Unfortunately retail gba carts stick out of the lite.

RibStabsHeart
June 13th, 2006, 06:18
huh... a gba emulator for a ds.....

thats pretty useless.....

A quick search for "GBA ROMS" might make you understand a little bit more why it's actually extremely amazing and useful.

catfish24
June 13th, 2006, 17:38
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=21432
not mcuh built in memory though.

Hoowahman
June 13th, 2006, 17:57
looks to be only 512 megabytes. What would that hold 10-12 DS roms? That's plenty on the go for me, having any more than that is just too much IMO.

RibStabsHeart
June 14th, 2006, 01:44
You should look into the alternatives, such as the Supercard (cheap) or the M3 (better emulation). YOu use a SD card, so you can have over 4 gigs of space if you buy a huge card for it. Kinda neat!