PDA

View Full Version : Anything homebrew apps I should try?

Booopop
June 11th, 2006, 15:37
Hello all.

Just wondering, with the plethora of homebrew available for the PSP, is there anything out there you would recommend I try? (I have 1.5 Firmware) I don't mean emulators, they're pretty straight forward.

For example I found the portable VNC a really interesting app to be able to use on my PSP.

Any Ideas?

SSaxdude
June 11th, 2006, 19:10
Well, you've come to the right place with the right firmware. My personal favorite emulators are Snes9xtyl, DGEN, and NesterJ. Also, the Quake and Doom ports are amazing.
Just remember that with emulators you need roms, and don't ask for them here (use google.)

jrsmaster411
June 11th, 2006, 21:30
he said not emulators these are my favorites noiz2sa, calisto, iris, pang, super mini mario, terra incognita, supertux

coo
June 11th, 2006, 22:25
duke nukem and SmashGpSP are good too!

pokemon_4_life_ese
June 11th, 2006, 22:31
you should try some shells like ir shell. they serve as an xmb replacement that have more features than the original psp menu

Booopop
June 13th, 2006, 10:11
When you say IR Shells what do you mean? I've tried the remote control apps but i've never been able to get them to work too well. I can use them with the TV's at home but as soon as i try to control someone elses tv I can never find the correct model.

If you mean an actual shell as in something like OSS, I don't really like the idea of having to use a cursor, as i don't think it's suited to the PSP. What I'd really like is if there was a reliable way to hack the firmware and make the console's music player a lot more user friendly. I mean like iPod/Zen type options and such.

If they're capable doing such things, I don't see why the PSP shouldn't be.

Fanjita
June 13th, 2006, 15:52
Take a look at http://psp-homebrew.eu/popular.php for a list of stuff that users of the homebrew database have voted as being their favourites.

Since the database is quite new, it's not an exhaustive list yet, but it's evolving quite nicely.

AntiClimax
June 14th, 2006, 10:48
Try a Gamboy Colour Emulator and play all those classic games you played with your friends in that uncomfortable sofa!

rehbock
June 14th, 2006, 12:50
Terra Incognita is nice ,too.
You should check Quake2 in some months

Baboon
June 14th, 2006, 17:27
Beats of Rage or Pang!

...and ScummVM on the psp is coolio (monkey island etc). :D