PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube on Dreamcast

Kenub927
June 11th, 2006, 16:56
I was trying to look for a way to play Gamecube games on the Dreamcast. Is there some sort of emulation like that? Please give me a link to one if there is i would really like one thank you in advance...

Darksaviour69
June 11th, 2006, 17:00
no going to happen, GC >DC power wise.

GagaMan
June 11th, 2006, 17:50
What? No. A console has to be at least twice as powerful as the one it's emulating to well, emulate it. The Gamecube is more powerful than Dreamcast, so it's impossible. The other way around would be impossible too, because the Gamecube isn't not at least twice as powerful as the DC.

fackue
June 11th, 2006, 22:09
How? The only thing that can read GCN games are the GCN and the GCN only.

Zion
June 11th, 2006, 22:52
thats like trying to emulate a n64 on a snes! :p

The Gamecube is way more powerfull than the Dreamcast.

quzar
June 12th, 2006, 02:13
Hehe, I must of course bring up my ill fated Dreamcast port of gcube =P

fackue
June 12th, 2006, 03:38
Stop bragging... it doesn't even play demos.

quzar
June 12th, 2006, 09:09
Didn't mean to be, it's basically just a joke.

younggunn1999
June 12th, 2006, 13:19
Hey guys, I'm thinking about trying to buy a dreamcast so I can run some emu's on it. I have no clue how it works I could just google the info but I wanted to ask my bro's at dcemu after reading this thred. Is it worth the time puting homebrew on the dreamcast? Is it harder then putting home brew on a 2.6 psp? One more thing can I just use windows or do I have to buy some type of mod chip. Feel free to PM me or just post here so everyone who has the same questions will know the answers..Thanks guys..

Christuserloeser
June 12th, 2006, 13:21
It's hard to get the maximum out of a Dreamcast.

However, just burning some nice homebrew games or emu discs for it takes a few minutes.

You could start with downloading the releases we offer at DCEvolution.net (http://www.DCEvolution.net/)

We have games and emus you could try. Still, currently we only host about 5% at max! of what the DC has to offer.

A Dreamcast should be well worth the 20 bucks it'd cost you at ebay. ;)

Needed/Recommend Tools would be:

A bunch of CDRs
BootDreams (freeware)
Alcohol120% (trial version available)

Well, that's it I think.

younggunn1999
June 12th, 2006, 13:32
Hey thanks Christuserloeser, I'll check out the link. Take it easy.

Cid Highwind
June 21st, 2006, 10:58
And be sure not to overlook the actual Dreamcast games. I bought my DC for NES emulation mostly, and only started to look for DC games later...

The rest is history :D