PDA

View Full Version : PSPMSX: MSX Emulator for PSP v1.0.5

zx-81
June 11th, 2006, 22:28
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspmsx-snap-5.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a new version of PSPMSX the MSX series Emulator for PSP (with minor but usefull changes).

What's new in version 1.0.5 :

- Option to eject the rom
- Disk change doesn't reboot anymore the MSX
(usefull to play games with multiple disks)
- Sound improvement

Special thanks to Paul Bosselaar for his help on sound issue, his advices and usefull feedback.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

Enjoy, :)

Zx.

gunntims0103
June 11th, 2006, 23:28
great job bro will this be your final release or ya still not done.....it seems lik ya been bouncin around inbetween projects hope ya not exausted you are a machine at coding

blackcrow
June 11th, 2006, 23:46
good jop m8 ^^

zx-81
June 12th, 2006, 00:05
great job bro will this be your final release or ya still not done.....it seems lik ya been bouncin around inbetween projects hope ya not exausted you are a machine at coding

In fact this is a minor update, to fix problem encountered by Paul :). I'm working full time on Atari800, to add the sound support, and i think i become crazy lol ! :eek:

Zion
June 12th, 2006, 00:06
ZX-81 Your a machine! Keep pumping out those updates! :p

Voltron
June 12th, 2006, 03:53
ZX-81, I have thanked you before but I absolutely must give thanks again for all of your hard work. It is really amazing work and really appreciated.

Question.... When looking for ROMS for this, I have seen MSX-1 & MSX-2 ----> Which does this EMU play? Or will both type of ROMS work?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this to whoever knows.

ACID
June 12th, 2006, 05:48
Voltron they both work dude. All you had to do was try and save your self the time. ZX-81 is the man he has enough on his plate with the great work his doign ask one of us that simple question.

parsifal968
June 12th, 2006, 19:07
great man!
seriously!

Voltron
June 12th, 2006, 21:47
Voltron they both work dude. All you had to do was try and save your self the time. ZX-81 is the man he has enough on his plate with the great work his doign ask one of us that simple question.

Thanks for confirming that for me! The question was not geared toward ZX-81. I'm sure he is in fact constantly busy. This MSX was a little before my time and I have always been a console gamer mostly so I am unfamiliar with it.

zx-81
June 12th, 2006, 21:54
Thanks for confirming that for me! The question was not geared toward ZX-81. I'm sure he is in fact constantly busy. This MSX was a little before my time and I have always been a console gamer mostly so I am unfamiliar with it.

Yes, and in fact it's not so easy to use ... when you have to enter kind of DOS/basic comands lol ... It take half on hour to find the way to display the content of a disk :D

Poem58
June 13th, 2006, 07:14
Zx-81 you are amazing...but I have just 1 request...any way you can take those mad coding skillz and port over a functional Atari 2600? The best one currently has incorrect sound and goofs up alot of carts graphics...supposedly It has paddle support...But I have never been able to get it to work on paddle games or even the rare keypad games.....seeing as how well you did with this and Intellivision....I would imagine you would knock it outta the ballpark.....
It's sad that the system that really started home gaming for the masses remains unfaithfully represented.....

rpgcollector
June 13th, 2006, 08:58
Great work. I love the MSX and this is one of the best emulators. Just one thing. It does not play Batman, Bubble Bobble, Darwin 4078, Dynamite Bowl, Girly Block, Koronis Rift, R-Type or Xevious. The one thing these games all have in common is on fmsx they use the ACII 8kb & ACII 16kb settings to play. Is this emulator missing this? It would make this emulator compatable with 96% of all MSX games if this was fixed. Thank You!!!!!!!!

zx-81
June 13th, 2006, 09:08
Thanks for your feedback :).

Great work. I love the MSX and this is one of the best emulators. Just one thing. It does not play Batman, Bubble Bobble, Darwin 4078, Dynamite Bowl, Girly Block, Koronis Rift, R-Type or Xevious. The one thing these games all have in common is on fmsx they use the ACII 8kb & ACII 16kb settings to play. Is this emulator missing this?

I really don't know ...

It would make this emulator compatable with 96% of all MSX games if this was fixed. Thank You!!!!!!!!

Yes, i will have a look on this point ...

zx-81
June 13th, 2006, 09:10
Zx-81 you are amazing...but I have just 1 request...any way you can take those mad coding skillz and port over a functional Atari 2600? The best one currently has incorrect sound and goofs up alot of carts graphics...supposedly It has paddle support...But I have never been able to get it to work on paddle games or even the rare keypad games.....seeing as how well you did with this and Intellivision....I would imagine you would knock it outta the ballpark.....
It's sad that the system that really started home gaming for the masses remains unfaithfully represented.....

Thas an idea, but for the moment i prefer to port emulator that haven't been already ported, or that don't work on FW 2.5 or 2.6. but in a near futur, why not lol .

Poem58
June 13th, 2006, 09:35
Thas an idea, but for the moment i prefer to port emulator that haven't been already ported, or that don't work on FW 2.5 or 2.6. but in a near futur, why not lol .

I will be anxiously waiting....and very grateful if you or anyone else does this...IMO..it should have been one of the first to be done...and right...but all you guys have done a wonderful job on the ones you have done so it's not like I don't appreciate your work.

As for ones that don't work on 2.5 or 2.6...I doubt that current ones do considering they really don't "Work" on 1.5 either....:D

ccdelta
September 28th, 2006, 23:34
ZX-81,

Thank you for the updated emu. The rom-based games I have run just fine, but I am having trouble in running dsk's.
I have a game called "Snatcher" broken up into 4 dsk files. Loading up dsk 0 and dsk 1 sequentially just leaves at the main title screen, with no indication of what to do next. If I load up dsk 1 first, it tells me to boot from dsk 0 (which is what I did previously).

Do you have any hints on what may be happening (I am able to get Snatcher to work on a program called fxMSX (I think))? I want to make your emulator the "one stop shop" for all my MSX needs.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

zx-81
October 3rd, 2006, 08:58
I really don't know ... i haven't tried this game ... i will have a look on this.

fpcreator2000
October 10th, 2006, 06:11
Does this emulator support the .cas images for the msx? Half of the files I have found are under this format type.

For those not familiar, .cas is a cassette image so I can't call it a rom, or can I?

Felipe_brz
January 4th, 2007, 15:30
Hello, just wanted to say that you created an awesome emulator!
And I also noticed that the speed is a little too fast... using that feature to slow down the cpu will slow it too much... 0 is too fast and 1 is already too slow (IMHO)... maybe if you could add a 0.5 heh

But thanks for so much effort!!!