PDA

View Full Version : Review: PSP Dust Cover Set

bandit
June 12th, 2006, 01:33
PSP Dust Cover Set
Manufacturer: 3rd Party
Site: Buy from Brando (http://videogame.brando.com.hk/prod_detail.php?prod_id=00123&dept_id=006&cat_id=008)
Price: $7.00

Overview : Prevent the dust from the USB port, DC IN and Headphone jack into the inner part of the PSP console.

Features :

Cover the holes of the PSP console to prevent the dust
1pc cover for USB port
2pcs cover for DC IN
2pcs cover for Headphone

Quality/Usability : The title pretty much says it all. It covers the ports to prevent any dust from entering your PSP. Well honestly, there are other locations dust can enter your PSP such as buttons, directional pad, speakers, UMD tray, etc. Reason to use this? I have no clue!

You either need the ports open inorder to use them or if you use these port covers, you'll eventually either get tired of having to place them and taking them out or you'll lose them. Plus, isnt that what carry cases are for?

The covers themselves fit into the ports pretty well and protect dust from going into your PSP. But yea, thats about it!

Conclusion : Overall, the dust covers does its job but whats the point of making this? If you use your PSP often or have a carry case, there is no point in using this. If you do use this, you'll either lose it or get tired of having to place them and taking them out when you need to use the port.

Images via comments

Zion
June 12th, 2006, 01:51
Might buy a set. Very handy :p

Shilo
June 13th, 2006, 02:32
I run my PSP's battery dead 2-3 times a day, and I'm all the time putting new homebrew and new roms on it, so I don't see any use for this. If someone rarely plays their PSP and it sits for long periods of time, this is great! But for people like me, a waste of $7.

bandit
June 13th, 2006, 20:09
I run my PSP's battery dead 2-3 times a day, and I'm all the time putting new homebrew and new roms on it, so I don't see any use for this. If someone rarely plays their PSP and it sits for long periods of time, this is great! But for people like me, a waste of $7.
I agree. Its just a hassle of having to remove and placing them on the PSP. Plus the possiblity of losing or misplacing them. I guess thats why they give you two DC and headphone covers incase you lose one..you still have one more.

acn010
June 21st, 2006, 21:46
mkay!
oh well, for me, theres ways to clean my psp without braking the warrentys seal.
but its good to know for people who has there psp like new

Crimson_Lotus
June 29th, 2006, 21:06
Kinda cool, I'd get one if I wasn't always transfering homebrew to my PSP, using headphones, and charging it....:(