PDA

View Full Version : Datel 4GB HDD and Retro Emulators

TallgeeseIV
June 12th, 2006, 03:48
I bought the 4gb hdd and I'm trying to run some Snes and Genesis roms, Maybe GBA as well if it's possible off the hdd, I know DS ones can't run. So I've tried installing snesDS and Picodrive and neither recognises any roms on the hdd, But I have them in the Games folder and in the root area, I don't know what part of the set up I'm missing, none of these emulators comes with readme's that are worth anything, and I don't know how to run GBA games off the hdd. So any help on either topic would be appreciated, or any links to guides for setting these up because I can't find them.

The Hombrew Hunter
June 12th, 2006, 03:52
Uh. Go to my post about checking the roms for SNES. Try them, Good stuff on them. And then I can write a USEFUL readme if you don't like my games. Kay?

BTW if you made them as NDS format, you will NEED to have Max Overload to change them to usable format.
If you need I can go into the SNEs and change them all into .pat.

guardiaknight
June 12th, 2006, 15:24
I'd appreciate it if you would please try to fix your snes pack so that they were .pat. I've got the 4gb hdd/max media player combo deal, and I'm trying everything I can find to get Snes emulator stuff to work on it. I'd love nothing more than to play Chrono Trigger as a handheld.
Anyone with any info or ideas, it would be much appreciated if you could post them here and make this dream of mine a reality. Thanks!

The Hombrew Hunter
June 13th, 2006, 00:32
Well I can do my best. I might need to make one rom per. I'll be able to do it tomorrow or the next day. And that is my dream too. That and more awesome NES and SNES games. And GB/C. BTW did you get the others to work?
Or did you not try?

TallgeeseIV
June 13th, 2006, 03:37
I tried it, patched with overload and not patched, neither worked, my ds lite just hangs...

The Hombrew Hunter
June 13th, 2006, 04:03
Hm. Perhaps DS Lite's new firmware? I can try later with my old NDS.
OH and did you put MAX overload on thy HDD?

catfish24
June 13th, 2006, 04:29
homebrew hunter, what version of maximum overload do you have?
here's version 1.2: http://tehskeen.com/modules.php?name=News&file=showarticle&threadid=2334

The Hombrew Hunter
June 13th, 2006, 04:31
Dunno. Not at my comp. And thanks for the link. You have any homebrew devices that you could try the emu with?

catfish24
June 13th, 2006, 04:36
Dunno. Not at my comp. And thanks for the link. You have any homebrew devices that you could try the emu with?
no, but I'm thinking about getting the media dock if I find out that the max overload can work.

The Hombrew Hunter
June 13th, 2006, 04:46
I guess I'll be pioneering that...Eh?hehehe.

TallgeeseIV
June 13th, 2006, 09:52
*sigh* I can't get picodrive to recognize any roms. the software starts up and asks me to load a rom but no roms appear in the list even though they're in the same folder as picodrive... the roms are in smd and .bin formats... what else is there to do?

The Hombrew Hunter
June 13th, 2006, 17:59
Post a link to Picodrive. I might be able to figure out what's wrong. How did SNES work though? No dice?

TallgeeseIV
June 13th, 2006, 19:07
http://www.tehskeen.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&file=viewfile&id=1034

no dice on the snesds either, just freezes my ds

The Hombrew Hunter
June 13th, 2006, 22:34
Okay. It said "missing file". I'll rebuild it then repost it tomorrow.

Oh and also can you post a list of the games you want or a zip of them all uploaded to the site? It could make my job easier if it needs a special file.

The Hombrew Hunter
June 15th, 2006, 19:31
Oh, and Guarida Knight...unfortunately Chrono Trigger is uncompatible with snesDS, the only seeming snes emulator for DS...