PDA

View Full Version : Color Blodge After Taking Apart

branin
June 12th, 2006, 14:42
This might not be the right name for this thread , but its really buggin me , the problem im having is , after taking apart my psp to look and see the hardware number ( because of the rumor or fact that it dosent work on a certain one ) anyways after looking i saw that i was in the clear ( i think ) i put it back together and fired it up , when i saw what it was my stomach droped to the ground , there was a huge black color blodge in the screen , like when you press to hard on any LCD or Plasma Screen , real worryed i took the battery screws and untightened them , it helped a little , now its just a light white gradiant kind of bubble there now , my question is , where is the press making the color do this? its in the top right corner , can any one help with this? also could this be perminate if i wait to long , or might the white gradiant im seeing now be whats permanitely done?

mib_
June 12th, 2006, 20:56
sounds like you've warped the reflective board or the actual tft film itself. All you can do is take the screen apart and put it back together again. Take care not to overtighten the screws. There's a fairly good chance you've done some premanent damage I'm afraid. Are you 100% you've put it back together correctly.. check the screen is perfectly aligned.

Apoklepz
June 12th, 2006, 21:57
Yep... what he said...I think you either tightened up the screws waaayyy too much or the screen ain't aligned right. Double check, and close it up cautiously, next time....And yes, the damage might already be done, so there's a probability you'll be stuck with a residue smudge in the screen.