PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question!!!

HappyHooligan
June 12th, 2006, 16:57
I've only recently got myself a PSP after a little research on the net and got a unit which had firmware which would play copied ISO's. Yeah I know some of you are gonna bitch about that saying I shouldn't and blah, blah, blah but I don't have much choice. I'm teaching in Cambodia and everything you buy over here is copied. Anyway being a stupid idiot I lent it too a buddy who was going to Thailand and he got me the new original Splinter Cell as a thank you gift but5 happened to play it before I could tell him that it would screw up my PSP and I wouldn't be able to play anything. So now I'm stuck with a PSP in Cambodiia with only 1 game!!! Bummer huh? Anyway I had another friend come over to see me from England and I'd done some more research and found the GTA exploit and thought that it would help with my boredom if I could just be able to get hold of some emulators off the net and play some good old school games.
Now this is what's pissing me off...
I've been going around to various sites downloading all the stuff to run on the GTA eloader and I can't get bugger all to work. Is there anything actually worth downloading out there? Mame or a N64 emulator? I'm stuck with this PSP and it is just being used as a paper weight at the moment. I want to be able tyo go to a website and just have the simple information of what will run with what firmware without wasting my time (cambodia doesnt have the quickest internet access). Please, please, please can some one just tell me does anything worth while work on 2.6 firmware or should I just sell this thing at the local market and spend the money on beer???
Thanks. :mad: :confused:

bullhead
June 12th, 2006, 17:13
You need "eloader bock" www.noobz.eu
Install it on your psp
then look down the left hand side of the psp-news.dcemu.co.uk page for the homebrew/emulator you want. Get the roms by yourself.
Put the files in the game folder. Do what the readme says that comes with it.

You can NOT run homebrew without a copy of gta lcs.

DarkworldPrince
June 12th, 2006, 21:36
The new modchip'll allow you to play everything again. even your... you know whats... get one of them installed and you'll be fine again man.

coo
June 12th, 2006, 21:47
yeah, the modchip will let you run 2 firmwars on one psp

HappyHooligan
June 13th, 2006, 07:15
I'm going over to Thailand soon and hopefully they'll have a modchip.
Is there only one available? Whats it's name?

Thanks guys