PDA

View Full Version : 360 backwards compatibility update inbound

wraggster
June 12th, 2006, 20:58
Proving once again that it's committed to the feature, Microsoft has got a fresh 360 backwards compatibility update primed for release this week, according to games boss Peter Moore.

Speaking in a Podcast with Microsoft's infamous internet spokesman Major Nelson, Moore - as well as revealing that he's an avid CVG reader - says that "20 titles or more" of the original Xbox games will be made 360-friendly in the next BC update, including Doom 3 and Lego Star Wars. According to Moore the update is undergoing final testing at Microsoft, and should be out sometime this week.

We're going to continue to get as close as we can to our stated target of every Xbox game being backwards compatible with the Xbox 360," states Moore in the Major Nelson Podcast. "There's a very talented team right here in the Redmond campus that are working on [backwards compatibility] and they'll continue to work on that, and more and more games we'll be announced over this calendar year and going forward."

So if Moore's wishes come true we might be able to completely remove the big black Xbox from under the telly; keep your eyes on Xbox Live.

Via CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=141330).

10shu
June 14th, 2006, 20:25
Xbox Games Now Playable on Xbox 360

4x4 Evo 2

Amped 2

Bad Boys: Miami Takedown

Big Mutha Truckers

Doom 3

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

Fatal Frame

FlatOut

Grabbed by the Ghoulies

Intellivision Lives

LEGO Star Wars

Minority Report

MLB SlugFest 20-04

The Punisher

RalliSport Challenge

Silent Hill 4: The Room

Spawn Armageddon

Spider-Man

Star Wars Battlefront

State of Emergency

Zapper: One Wicked Cricket
Japan-Only Games

Bistro Cupid 1

Flight Academy

Othello Seminar

Igo Seminar

Shogi Seminar

Mahjong Seminar

:( no prince of persia 2 and 3

ninja9393
June 26th, 2006, 19:58
dang, i want to play soul calibur 2!!!!!!

SmashinGit
June 27th, 2006, 17:24
Yeah I to was hoping that would of been included as well, I wonder how they decide which games to do?