PDA

View Full Version : need debrick for virgin phat

katachristic
November 30th, 2009, 07:46
any1 no how 2 debrick an unmodded psp phat? my friend (technologically illiterate) asked me to fix it bc it was "actin funny."
apparently actin funny means its bricked and wont even turn on. light just blinks for a sec. tried installing cfw via p battery and magic ms. no luck.

FNQer
December 5th, 2009, 03:52
you gotta go back to your friend and interrogate him.

when did it start to act funny? after he dropped it? after he dropped it in a bucket of water? or did he pull out the memory stick while it was still running? did he try to install cfw?

ask him what he did just before it first acted up and what he was trying to do when it acted up...

he is not been helpful, at all.

obviously, the psp doesn't go into recovery on powering it on.

pandora battery and mms seems to be the way to go but have you rules out mechanical/hardware failure?

katachristic
December 7th, 2009, 08:51
nope. have not. thats actually what i think it is. it stopped workin like a year ago so he just stowed it away until i asked him if he had one. so he doesnt remember of course which is sooooo helpful. anyways he sold me the damn thing for 10 bucks n i wanted to try to fix it up and sell it. if not i still get a charger, memstick and battery...

katachristic
December 11th, 2009, 03:39
upon completely exploratory psp surgery, ive narrowed it down to two possibilities. the motherboard or the power switch itself. any advice on replacing or fixing these parts? any of this a common problem?
...probably also helps that i removed the piece of his frickin afro that was in there...

FNQer
December 17th, 2009, 09:22
you can get spare parts. i have seen the replacement for m/b, controls, etc - must be one for power switch as well. ppl replace the screen and stuff - so its been done before.

dx dealsextreme (hk) is one place i would have a look at...

there are manuals about taking apart psp.

you might even want to find whether there are different m/b versions - though all Phats were hackable, regardless of its m/b or firmware.

the m/b spare parts a year ago was around $70AUD - so probably cheaper now, though maybe harder to source.

not pubic hair?

katachristic
December 21st, 2009, 20:55
thanks. psp should go into surgery soon but first im gonna go see what looks to be fried...

and i sure hope its the afro...