PDA

View Full Version : need some advice on updating.

rishard10212
November 30th, 2009, 07:20
for a long time now i've been on 3.71 m33 because i once updated to a higher m33 and my memory stick(fake) wasn't able to be read. i had to pandora back to 3.71 m33 because i couldnt launch anything. i've been out of the scene for a while but is there any way that i can update to the newer firmware but keep using my fake memory stick?

jxx2005
November 30th, 2009, 08:06
i suggest that you just get a new memory stick

because to get to any newer CFW, you need to go through 3.80 or 3.90
and if you cant get to either of those with your current MS, then i dont think you can get further

MAYBE with a pandora

FNQer
December 6th, 2009, 01:09
for a long time now i've been on 3.71 m33 because i once updated to a higher m33 and my memory stick(fake) wasn't able to be read. i had to pandora back to 3.71 m33 because i couldnt launch anything. i've been out of the scene for a while but is there any way that i can update to the newer firmware but keep using my fake memory stick?

second the first reply - a dodgey memstick is not desired. memsticks now are much cheaper than they were - the savings you get for buying dodgey stuff is outweighed by the fact that it is dodgey. get a decent sony pro duo (mark ii but get maybe mark i as well) or sandisc ultra ii. i think there are gaming versions of ultra ii - but don't bother there, just get the 'blue' plain jane ultra ii. cheap 2 gb memstick, not fake.

doing the pandora stuff and the upgrading cfw is risky enuff by itself, to risk a dodgey memstick is kinda suicidal.

do you have to use pandora battery and mms to upgrade cfw? check out Hellcat's Recovery Flasher, read the readme file to find out the process...

i had a psp slim with ofw and a semi-bricked cfw phat which i both upgraded using Recovery Flasher. 10 minutes to fix the sem-bricked phat and get it running 5.00 m33-6.

the point about Recovery Flasher is its aim of upgrading/downgrading/fixing cfw without the need to use PB.

as with all comments - especially those made by me - please add qualitifications to it - check the facts and details please, but hopefully pointing you in the right direction.