PDA

View Full Version : Basic Emulation Questions!

RibStabsHeart
June 13th, 2006, 06:15
Hey all!

I've been into emulation and modding for a little while, with my xbox being the first thing that really got me interested in homebrew and archival roms. I had some questions about the DS, and its emulation capabilities.

Firstly, who here has the M3, and can tell me about its onboard emulation. Obviously it does DS games and GBA games. I've heard rumors of near 100% emulation of most games, would most agree with this?

Also, according to their FAQ (HERE) "M3 Adapter can run NES,GB,GBC, SMS,GG,PCE rom properly, pls using our M3 manager to patch the roms & you may put it in the CF/SD card to run directly."
-but how well does it do all of these systems? Is it overall pretty good, terrible, any noticible problems or glitches, etc?

Also, how do the homebrew or ported emulators work (such as SNES, Genesis, Gameboy/Color, etc?)? If they aren't very good (SNES?) how far off is perfect emulation? What emulators are the best at the moment, or most promising?

Also, how is emulation in general on the DS? Tricky to do, buggy, etc? I understand how to get it to play emulators/roms (via the M3/passcard3 and a mini-sd card for my DSlite, eventually), but how is it?

Sorry this is such a question filled post, but I figured that I should try and kill a whole flock with a few stones.

RibStabsHeart
June 14th, 2006, 19:32
Really? No one here has tried emulating anything on their system? What a dissapointing emulation/homebrew forum.

Zion
June 14th, 2006, 20:46
Quote : "Really? No one here has tried emulating anything on their system? What a dissapointing emulation/homebrew forum."

Of course we have! :p

RibStabsHeart
June 15th, 2006, 03:01
Would you mind sharing some experiences with it, and what is good, what you reccomend, and thoughts about the emulators?