PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 1 ntsc to pal display/colour converter help please!

rpggoddess
November 30th, 2009, 15:21
Hey everyone,
First off I hope I have this topic placed in the right section if not you have my apologies.
Basically I live in Australia and wanted to be able to play some of the many unreleased here ntsc format games so I recently purchased an old large style chipped pal format playstation one. Not exactly sure what kind of chip it has in it for the record.

It came with a sony playsation converter for the tv signal, without it any import or backup games displayed in black and white. The converter however has just recently stopped working, I tried looking on ebay for a replacement and the best thing I could find was an ntsc to pal converter for tv's and dvd players etc. This arrived today but has not helped the problem, I'm assuming this is because this console itself is in pal format.

Anyway though I'm dying to playing lunar the silver star story complete and I really don't want to have play it in black and white. I've googled this problem and several programs such pal4u, patchit and zapper etc but none of them have worked. With pal4u it scans my game disk but doesn't come up with any sequences so I can't proceed any further, I have the same problem also with zapper maybe this game is not compatible with the software I'm not sure. I've also tried patching the bin files with pal region files using patchit but the disks don't work, the screen simply messes up and freezes after the sony logo appears. This is driving me crazy I've been wanting to play this game for weeks now and I didn't think simply getting colour in my game would be such a hassle. If anyone could suggest a place where I would be able to purchase and new sony playsation one conveter to replace my broken one, be able sell me one, or suggest some other software applications that I can try to fix this problem it'd be greatly appreciated.
Well thanks so much for your help guys and my apologies on the length of the thread.
Gemma.
:thumbup: