PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, n00b in need of help

yourmyboybh1026
June 15th, 2006, 23:54
Ok, i have read the guides on how to use bootdreams and discjuggler, and dssbs final, and i have had little success. I downloaded dreamsns in .cdi format and got that to work, but I'm not sure where the roms go. I also have nester dc downloaded as plain files, and found where to put roms in there, but i can't get it to burn right with bootdreams (i used bootdreams with dreamsns when that worked). I tried using the dssbs to make a .cdi image of the files in the nesterdc folder, and it made the image but it didnt work on the DC. So i guess my first question would be, on dreamsnes where do i put the roms? It is in .cdi format already, so there isnt a folder to place them in. Second, I read the guide on how to use bootdreams to create and burn images, and it says it will walk you threw the process, and i can pick my cd drive, but then it asks for the main binary, is that the IP.BIN? Also it said to use the CDRecorder option when doing this, should it be an audio/data cd a data/data cd, or a multisession cd? Also any good links that i may not have seen, or any information on why i may be screwing up would be great. Thanks - Nathan

fackue
June 16th, 2006, 02:24
Wait, so what's your problem?

yourmyboybh1026
June 16th, 2006, 06:37
Well, i cant figure out how to put the roms on the same cd as a .cdi file, and when i try to create my own .cdi file and burn it, it doesnt work.

fackue
June 16th, 2006, 08:36
Can you explain how you're creating and burning the DiscJuggler image.

yourmyboybh1026
June 17th, 2006, 21:54
Well i was trying to use BootDreams. I opened up boot dreams, then chose CDRecord option. Then browsed for the folder with all the files in it. Then pressed burn to blank media. Then it would ask me for the main binary and i would choose IP.BIN. Then it would burn.

fackue
June 18th, 2006, 00:54
What is the game you're trying to burn?

yourmyboybh1026
June 18th, 2006, 04:10
nester

fackue
June 18th, 2006, 04:44
6.0, 7.0, 7.1, SE? What version?

Christuserloeser
June 18th, 2006, 05:09
Then it would ask me for the main binary and i would choose IP.BIN.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21626

3. [...] The 1ST_READ.BIN contains the actual DC programme.

yourmyboybh1026
June 19th, 2006, 06:52
Its nester 7.1, and i dont have the option for 1st_read.bin when it asks for the main binary, all i have is readme files and IP.bin

That Guy
June 19th, 2006, 17:32
If you have the 1st_read.bin you may need to browse to it if is in a sub folder.

yourmyboybh1026
June 19th, 2006, 23:12
Are you talking about when i first select the folder using boot dreams? Or when it asks for the main binary. Because theres no where to browse to when picking the main binary. All i have is IP.BIN and some readme files, then a button that says ok and cancel.

fackue
June 20th, 2006, 04:03
You don't have a 1st_read.bin anywhere in the files you downloaded for NesterDC 7.1?

yourmyboybh1026
June 20th, 2006, 15:25
Yes theres a 1st_run.bin in the nester 7.1 folder, but it doesnt give me the option to choose that for the main binary.

Christuserloeser
June 20th, 2006, 16:59
You need to select the folder where the 1st_read.bin is located in with BootDreams. Your ROMs/Games directory should be a subfolder of that same dir.

yourmyboybh1026
June 21st, 2006, 21:00
So, i select the 1st_read.bin when i click browse? Because i select the folder where it is, then i click burn, and then its not in the main binar.

fackue
June 21st, 2006, 21:36
BootDreams only asks when you don't have a filename named "1st_read.bin". Put the 1st_read.bin in the same folder as the IP.BIN, pics, roms, genie, etc. then go back and select that folder.

BTW, a new version of BootDreams:
http://consolevision.com/members/fackue/

yourmyboybh1026
June 21st, 2006, 22:58
Ok i finally get what your saying (sorry that was a dee da dee moment), i moved the 1st_read.bin over to the main folder and tried again and i get a black screen that says

"detcted controllers

0: dreamcast controller as pad #o

plug controllers now

press x/y to change virtual index
press b to reset virtual index

press start"

When i press start it does a loading thing, then sais wait a minute, then just goes to a black screen and does nothing.

fackue
June 22nd, 2006, 05:21
I haven't played with NesterDC in a very long time.

Maybe this page will help you out some:
http://dchelp.net/index.php?id=kbindex&board=nester

chrono75
November 24th, 2006, 21:11
Hey man, I have a bunch of BLACK 700MB CDRs, will they work?