PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to port DosBox to DS?

Bp103
June 16th, 2006, 02:40
I want a answer fome someone hwo codes and knows the DS hardware :)
no offence I just want a accurate answer

The Nintendo DS looks like a good choice for a dos emulator. I've been waiting for some one to code a Dos emulator for the DS so far no one has. So is it possible to port DosBox to DS or emulate Dos at all on it. __If not I would be very surprised.

Someone please try to port DosBox or emulate dos for the DS thats the only thing DS does not have. (thats possible to emulate)

ps. I'm not demanding it I just would like to see it happen sooner or later. ;)

roylazarovich
June 24th, 2006, 21:56
I would like to add my support to this request. Just imagine how many great classics we'll be bringing to the DS simply by porting one application.

I've posted a request for Commander Keen to be ported, but now that I've read this post it seems like all efforts will be better spent on porting DosBox as doing so will allow Commander Keen and thousand other games to run on the DS.

Please, some talented DS developers, help us relive our youth :)

The Hombrew Hunter
June 24th, 2006, 22:05
Yes do! Help me relive before my birth! I loooovveee commander Keen...

Mazza
June 24th, 2006, 22:37
It would be good, Elder Scrolls Arena on DS :D but is anyone up to the job?

The Hombrew Hunter
June 25th, 2006, 00:01
DS DOOM 2!!!

Man I hope so... Would kick some arse.

roylazarovich
June 25th, 2006, 00:04
How about Dune 2 DS? :)

duke05
June 29th, 2006, 03:09
Dune 2 DS would be 2 great. Stunts, Master of orion, X-Com 1 and 2... Jagged Alliance, Scorched Earth, I'm getting needs... I would pay 40 buck for each of these games on DS. Really!

The Hombrew Hunter
June 29th, 2006, 04:08
Oh baby, scorched earth! Maybe I could finally make DSMS work is Dosbox can be ported...
Was "Doom" Dos? I want the old doom.

GPF
June 29th, 2006, 20:17
i attempted to port my dreamcast port of dosbox to the ds, but was unable to get it to compile because of not enough memory.

I also attempted to port openkeen to the ds, its compiled but runs out of memory during the decoding of the graphics.

Troy(GPF)

nubbard
June 29th, 2006, 22:20
I heard that the Opera browser is coming with a memory expansion, so if someone makes a cartridge that takes that and an sd card.......nvm that'd be mother-frickin huge...lol