PDA

View Full Version : Lunar 1 and multi disc eboot and error 8000004

Jadikarr
December 4th, 2009, 02:19
I recently downloaded some Lunar 1 (Disc 1 and 2 .img) files. And Disc 1 worked fine, I beat disc 1 and it told me to switch to disc 2, but I couldn't do that without hitting home. But that doesn't work either.

I downloaded "pyPOPs 0.1b" and I used that to create a multi eboot. But now, when I try to load the game from the XMB, it gives me the PSP safety screen then reloads back to the XMB with a message "A game loading error has occured, 8000004" or something like that.

I had the code and game name right and everything, I made sure there was a KEYS.bin in there too. It always give me the same error message. So now, instead of being able to just play disc 1, now I can't play anything. (I tried throwing breath of fire 3 on there too, it worked before... But now that doesn't work either).

I'm on version 3.52 m33-4. I've been looking for hours, even used the search feature for these forums, but I can't seem to find a viable solution to this problem. I would appreciate anything that could help me very much...

jxx2005
December 4th, 2009, 03:39
re-rip your ISOs and remake your eboot

and get with the god damn times and update to at least 5.00M33

Jadikarr
December 4th, 2009, 04:08
re-rip your ISOs and remake your eboot

and get with the god damn times and update to at least 5.00M33

I didn't rip my ISO's. I downloaded them from emuparadise, and I WISH I could update to 5.00-m33. Every time I try the updater on my psp, it just gives me a black screen, and I have to restart my psp...

I was actually about to try that, and see if that fixed my problems.

edit; trying to update to 5.00 again that is. Also trying the remade eboot on a different memory card

Qmark
December 4th, 2009, 08:42
Hand-ripped ISOs tend to work out much better, due to finer control over what the disc image is going to look like (CUE/BIN generally has fewer problems overall). Talk of downloading images is not allowed here anyway.

Try a different popsmaker. Each if them have their own quirky problems with various games (it took me about a dozen tries to get DQ7 to work), so it's a good idea to keep several handy.

Defrag. Yes, really. Games run much better when the file is in one continuous chunck, and decent wear-leveling means the operation isn't going to suck too much life out of the flashram.

jxx2005
December 4th, 2009, 20:49
qmark is correct
if you cant get the game, try getting a new ISO