PDA

View Full Version : PSP wont recognise videos

djmobi
June 16th, 2006, 09:53
Hey everyone, I have attached my PSP to my laptop with USB and the laptop has bought up the file window. I then dragged an mp4 movie from my desktop to the 100MNV01 folder in MP_ROOT. The PSP memory has gone down to suggest that the movie is on it, but when I go into video it sayd I have no videos.

What am I doing wrong?

b8a
June 16th, 2006, 11:15
The PSP is VERY picky about the video files that it will natively recognize.

A couple of possibile problems spring to mind:
1) The MP4 must be encoded using very specific paramaters. Was your MP4 specifically encoded for use with the PSP? If not, you may need to re-encode it using any of several different software packages available.

2) MP4's that are stored in the 100MNV01 folder must follow a naming convention of "MAQ#####.MP4", where you would substitute a digit between 0 and nine for each # sign.

GeEkPiE
June 16th, 2006, 11:24
The PSP is VERY picky about the video files that it will natively recognize.

A couple of possibile problems spring to mind:
1) The MP4 must be encoded using very specific paramaters. Was your MP4 specifically encoded for use with the PSP? If not, you may need to re-encode it using any of several different software packages available.

2) MP4's that are stored in the 100MNV01 folder must follow a naming convention of "MAQ#####.MP4", where you would substitute a digit between 0 and nine for each # sign.

sorry but i have to say you are wrong about the mp4 encoding and it can be any mp4 file, it doesnt have to be in any specific parameters, it just has to be renamed correctly which you said right in your second comment.

(just renaming the file (specific number sequencing))

djmobi
June 16th, 2006, 14:46
just renamed the file MAQ00001 and it still doesn't recognise it.

SSaxdude
June 16th, 2006, 15:07
Convert whatever movie you have (wheither it be dvd or .avi, etc.) with PSP Video 9 (search google.) The video will have the correct name and you will just have to plug in your PSP and transfer the files.

luis_05
June 16th, 2006, 16:39
dude u need another folder under the MP_ROOT, call it 100ANV01. This may be due to the fact that u are converting at a higher resolution!! this should work dude!!
like this:

MP_ROOT---->100ANV01---->ur movie
----->100MNV01

Remember u have to reaname it correctly. Just because it is in MP4 format doesnt mean the PSP is goign to read it. There are many free converters out there. I use 3GP converter!!!! by far the best free converter!!!