PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Blu Ray Drive Problem.

scopeh
December 4th, 2009, 19:54
Good evening,

I seem to be having some problems with my PS3 Blu Ray drive.

It will not accept a disc or eject. A bit like this movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJsUDS46jfw

When i press the eject button the ps3 beeps 3 times.

I have tried a realignment and have also tested the worm screw battery and it seems to be functioning.

The sensor on the lid seems to be operating as when insert disc with the ps3 off , it turns on.

I have searched online for a fix without prevail, any tips or fixes would be appericated, this forum is unfortuanly my last resort, if a FAIL, i am going to have to purchase a newdrive

iv had the drive apart, checked the motor is working and realigned also the sensor is working fine as when i place disc in the ps3 boots up, however the mechaisum that pull the disc in, is not functioning.

When i press the eject button the ps3 beeps 3 times..

Any ideas? Any one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l99Gi_TiZzY&feature=related

when i try this nothing happens any ideas? could it be the controller board , if so how can i test it?

Many Thanks

scopeh

scopeh
December 28th, 2009, 14:59
Still cannot get the drive working, can anyone shed any light?

Shrygue
December 28th, 2009, 15:02
What model is your PS3? When did you get it? Is it first or second hand?

scopeh
December 28th, 2009, 20:31
My ps3 is 1st gen, 4 user ports, memory slot, backwards combat, 60gb.

Any help will be well appericated as i have spent countless hours trying to fix it, its not the fact that its the money of a new ry, its really annoying me because i don't know what the cause of the problem is.

peterpeter
December 29th, 2009, 21:39
sorry can't help but u seem to know a lot about the ps3 so u might be able to help me. got 2 ps3's, 1 at my house , 1 at my sons house. is there a way of transfering game save data from one to the other to save starting games from scratch when he comes round here?

scopeh
December 30th, 2009, 00:57
Yes this can be done.

By updating to the latest firmware which is optional.

Find out what features are included in PS3 system software update 3.15.

An update to the PS3 system software was released on 10 December 2009. If you update your PS3 system, the system software version will be 3.15 and the following features will be updated. In order to download PS3 system software version 3.15, you will need a minimum 165MB of free space on either the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (System Update) or on removable storage media (PC Update).

Main features in system software update version 3.15

* Data transfer utility

You can now transfer the data that is saved on one PS3 system's hard disk to another PS3 system’s hard disk using an Ethernet cable.

* minis

Games under the minis category of PlayStation Store are now supported and are available to download from 17 December 2009.

Eviltaco64
December 30th, 2009, 04:25
You could try this short guide (http://www.wikihow.com/Realign-Your-Ps3%27s-Blu-Ray-So-That-a-Disc-Can-Load-and-Eject).

peterpeter
December 30th, 2009, 22:54
thanx alot. i'll try that tomoro. sorry no help with your problem, but again, thanx alot.

dart1216
February 27th, 2010, 16:51
hey i jsut found my ps3 in the trash a few months back i just plugged it up to see if it works.. and i t does work just one little problem. it will read a ps3 gme but it will not boot the game up completely.. it will bring up the playstaion logo, and then comes up with an error stating that there was a problem with start up. Is there any way to fix the problem with having to cantact sony or to take it to a electronics shop.

VampDude
February 28th, 2010, 01:00
hey i jsut found my ps3 in the trash a few months back i just plugged it up to see if it works.. and i t does work just one little problem. it will read a ps3 gme but it will not boot the game up completely.. it will bring up the playstaion logo, and then comes up with an error stating that there was a problem with start up. Is there any way to fix the problem with having to cantact sony or to take it to a electronics shop.

Take it to your local RadioShack, they will be able to open and clean the console. :cool: