PDA

View Full Version : 2 BOR questions

AkumuHau
June 17th, 2006, 14:38
i got 2 questions about Beats Of Rage

1: when downloading a pc version of a game, is there anyway to make it work on DC?

2: is it possible to burn more than one BOR mod on one cd? like make your own collection of sorts? if so, how

thanks in advance

Christuserloeser
June 18th, 2006, 05:53
1. I wrote a tutorial on how to burn a BoR disc for Dreamcast here:
http://openbor.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=102

2. Yes, you could modify the menus we used for our www.DCEvolution.net BoR releases but you'd have to edit the ini files and the PVRs and replace the .bins with the new version of OpenBoR that you should hexedit to check for Bo1.pak to Bo?.pak, where the ? stands for mod ?, the last mod on you Favorites list. Unscramble the .bins before hexediting.

Tools for modifying the PVRs are available on the net. A good hexeditor is frhed. The .ini files can be opened with notepad.

It's not easy and you probably would be better off to stick with single game CDRs for now.

However, I think I will prepare a simple mod loader that allows putting your favorite BoR mods on one CD with a lot less editing work soon. Don't know when I find the time, but I thought about doing this anyway.

fackue
June 18th, 2006, 07:01
XVI32 is also a pretty good freeware hex editor which I also use.

Mr. Shizzy
September 8th, 2006, 19:44
Any way to make the Mortal Kombat pak compatible with PSP?

D0N
September 8th, 2006, 20:31
Do you mean making it fullscreen? if so you could edit it yourself..

Mr. Shizzy
September 9th, 2006, 16:19
No. It won't play the MK pak at all. It says on the title screen that it's just for PC & DC. Then it just exits to the xmb.

D0N
September 9th, 2006, 16:35
Well i used to play it all the time before i bricked my PSP and I didn't have a single problem..

Mr. Shizzy
September 9th, 2006, 19:51
Thats strange. Because the resident evil one is working fine for me. If you get the spare time, could you plz upload a copy of your setup & link it here? I'm a huge MK fan (& a huge BOR fan:)). BTW thanks for helping me out.:D

Mr. Shizzy
September 22nd, 2006, 12:19
OK. I hate to keep bugging about this; but I'm pretty sure you must be mistaken dawd. I just tried it again it wouldn't work. It's clearley labled "dc/pc" and it's not even a .pak file. (I even tried renaming it to a .pak file, and it still wouldn't work. :( Instead of doing nothing, it just exited to the XMB) Maybe you have a different version than offered on the BOR website? Thanks for trying to help anyways man. :) I'm such a huge Mortal Kombat fan, that this would have been a dream come true.