PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Best Emulator for Dreamcast ?

wraggster
December 7th, 2009, 14:39
We at DCEmu cover so many Consoles and their scenes that its much easier to ask the visitors to the site what they think is the best for each Console.

So for those who visit the site

Whats the Best Emulator for Dreamcast and Why ?

wraggster
December 7th, 2009, 14:40
to answer my own question, hmm its a bloody diffcult question but as a lifelong snes fan im going to go with DreamSnes, i know theres more polished emulators out there but its still my fave.

whats yours

heres a link to Dreamsnes

http://dreamcast.dcemu.co.uk/dreamsnes.php

Eviltaco64
December 7th, 2009, 22:11
NesterDCSE (it feels so... complete)

GenesisPlusDC is next (if only sound was more accurate). :/

beetroot bertie
December 8th, 2009, 20:28
From what I can remember I never got any games running that smoothly in DreamSnes so I'd probably plump for SMEG because everything was pretty playable and smooth.

BlueCrab
December 9th, 2009, 02:51
If we're not going with homebrew-only, then definitely bleem! Emulating the Playstation on the Dreamcast is a technical marvel in and of itself, but doing it better than a PS2 did (with the hardware inside for it) is simply amazing. That, and Rand was an awesome guy.

If we're going homebrew-only, then its a toss-up for me between DreamSNES and NesterDC (not necessarily SE, since I have never used NesterDC SE). Although, its sad that I haven't used any emulators on the Dreamcast in the longest time other than ones I wrote/ported...

hansblitzenburg
December 9th, 2009, 12:33
My top 5 emulators in order;

1) Neo4all/CD
2) NesterDC SE
3) SMSPlus
4) DCaSTaway
5) SGA - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles