PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Best Homebrew Application for Nintendo DS ?

wraggster
December 7th, 2009, 14:56
We at DCEmu cover so many Consoles and their scenes that its much easier to ask the visitors to the site what they think is the best for each Console.

So for those who visit the site

Whats the Best Homebrew Application for Nintendo DS ?

extentofmysin
December 29th, 2009, 16:14
Ive only tried Moonshell (multi file reader) and DSLibris (ebook reader) so I guess it has to be Moonshell at the moment since it can run so many file types.. its just too bad my battery runs down quickly as a result, particulary if watching video :)

im still after an internet saved page reader (single file mht) with the ability to scale/zoom in and out.. i dont really know of any. the ability to run the java animation from these saved mht webpages would also be excellent

sorandor
January 9th, 2010, 14:18
Theres very few good homebrew stuff on ds.
But id say its either Moonshell or the Neogeo emulator.
Ive got the neogeo emulator on my psp and i think the ds one is better.
Moonshell is essential for all media stuff on ds really. There are others but its by far the best.
I think these 2 homebrew apps are the best on ds by far...

Honorable mentions maybe a web browser and beup (does it still work?)

Sor
x

HiroshiYamauchi
February 11th, 2010, 04:10
Some of my favorite homebrew apps on DS are Moonshell, Nitrotracker and Comic Book DS.

terfu
December 9th, 2010, 13:42
Theres very few good homebrew stuff on ds.
But id say its either Moonshell or the Neogeo emulator.
Ive got the neogeo emulator on my psp and i think the ds one is better.
Moonshell is essential for all media stuff on ds really. There are others but its by far the best.
I think these 2 homebrew apps are the best on ds by far...

Honorable mentions maybe a web browser and beup (does it still work?)

Sor
x

Web browsers don't seem to work for DS lite. But Beup is fine. Totally love it :thumbup:

WhizzBang
December 9th, 2010, 17:37
ZXDS is superb

Maxaxle
December 18th, 2010, 17:20
NitroTracker is awesome, but is mostly for music lovers. DSOrganize can be used to set up internet connections, but the browser can only handle so much. Bunjalloo (spelling?) is pretty cool, though I haven't been able to test it. Flickbook is all-around awesome but needs a manual for the newest of new users.

[/wall of text]