PDA

View Full Version : M3 multiplayer question.

JetSetTyler
June 18th, 2006, 09:27
When hosting a game from your m3, your friend's ds needs to be flashed, or have the same game. Instead of trying to flash it, can your friend just use a passcard 3? Or a passkey 2, WHATEV.

That'd be sweet if it'd work. Has anyone tried this?

JetSetTyler
June 19th, 2006, 05:35
bump.

MutantMooBunny
June 20th, 2006, 01:03
When hosting a game from your m3, your friend's ds needs to be flashed, or have the same game. Instead of trying to flash it, can your friend just use a passcard 3? Or a passkey 2, WHATEV.

That'd be sweet if it'd work. Has anyone tried this?

look on the m3adapter website. This quote is from the faq.

16 Does the wifi function work with NDS roms? (eg. can I play mario kart DS against people online?)

Yes , M3 can work fine with Wi-Fi .

M3 can be played with players all round the world through the Internet

Wifi works with WFC
Wifi works with other Wifi Users (who have their own original game / rom)
Wifi works with sharing (from the M3) if the others have flashed NDS systems
Wifi does NOT work with sharing (from the M3) if the others do NOT have flashed NDS systems.

So the only limitation is that you can not share a rom from the M3 to non-flashed NDS users (because they can't read unencrypted roms). Otherwise everything works just fine.

http://www.m3adapter.com/faq.htm

I believe when they say flashed they also mean you could be using a passthrough device, though I'm not sure. (By Passthrough device I mean the Passcard 3 or Passkey 2).

Contact the M3 people, they respond. Post their response on this website for people to read!