PDA

View Full Version : help, is my psp messed up?

steven_chi
June 19th, 2006, 05:21
:cool: hi im new to the psp thing and yesterday i bought a psp with my friend (who owns a psp too) after we got home, i opened the box and set things up. this is when the problem came in, i put a few songs in the music folder but when i press "X" the song wouldn't play, like it shows the song title and everything, but it just wouldn't play. another thing is my psp is a fw 2.5, but it doesn't have the internet broser like my friend's psp (his is fw.2.7 he said) and there was one more thing, i download some roms from this forum just yesterday, i download GBA E.1.1 and some mario game to try if it worked (which my friend said don't even try it because it's not going to work, but i tryed it anyways) and it worked, is my friend lying? or is my psp just messed up? please help.

i'm facing these problem :
-music does not play but it shows title and everything
-theres no internet thing like my friends psp (and mines fw 2.5)
-i can play the download games from this forum with my friend said it wouldn't work ( don't know if he's lying or not because he's sometimes a loser and don't like sharing stuff)

please tell me why this is happening and is my psp messed up? good thing i still have paper so i can still return the psp. thank you:(

steven_chi
June 19th, 2006, 05:28
i just tryed updating my psp to fw.2.71, i downloaded the file from yourpsp.com, and when it tryed starting the update, it saids " you have the fw, there is no need for update" something like that.

??? i dont get it ??? i have a fw 2.5 and it doesn't let me update??

V3N0M
June 19th, 2006, 06:05
Wo. Man i have never heard anything like that. Its probaly malfunction in the flash when they loaded the firmware on it. The only thing that you can do is tell sony they will take it back as long as you never made any firmware modifactions. Or bring it back to the store as soon as possible they would take it back if it was bought less than a week ago. But something you could try is restoring the default settings.

This is a little hard to believe. As it impossible to run homebrew on a 2.5. but if you want homebrew i would consider it a blessing lol.

WilDThraxter
June 19th, 2006, 08:49
Is the PSP Second hand, because if you bought it pre-owned, it sounds like someone has used the firmware trick thing (I cant remember who made the application, but its the one that makes you PSP think its a higher firmware than it is so that you are able to play a few games on it). DONT UPGRADE IT!!
Who in thier rite mind would want to loose homebrew.
Can you change your theme background?

ACID
June 19th, 2006, 09:52
Is the PSP Second hand, because if you bought it pre-owned, it sounds like someone has used the firmware trick thing (I cant remember who made the application, but its the one that makes you PSP think its a higher firmware than it is so that you are able to play a few games on it). DONT UPGRADE IT!!
Who in thier rite mind would want to loose homebrew.
Can you change your theme background?

The aplication is made by the psp dev team and it sounds like if it was kind of like the new devhook .40

But then again likethey said if you want to play homebrew this is a blessing:)

tallica
June 19th, 2006, 18:04
no he said he updated to 2.71 what a waste

EDIT: nvm read his post wrong. well then you may have the first psp with 2.5 that thinks its like evry fw lol

steven_chi
June 19th, 2006, 22:27
ya, i cant chance the wallpaper thing, and my psp is not 2nd handed

WilDThraxter
June 20th, 2006, 00:23
The aplication is made by the psp dev team and it sounds like if it was kind of like the new devhook .40

But then again likethey said if you want to play homebrew this is a blessing:)

NO, im talkin months and months back, when the 2.00 firmware was released. Some team made an app called somthing like "firmware tricker" all it did was made your psp "say" it was a different firmware (2.00 for instance) which was enough to trick some games into running, whilst not updating anything to prevent homebrew.