PDA

View Full Version : Can Firmware 2.6 play MP4's?

HappyHooligan
June 19th, 2006, 16:00
I posted on here a few days ago but didn't get no reply regarding where I should put my MP4's on my memory card. I've just thought... Can I play MP4's on 2.6 firmware? Maybe that's why I didn'tget an answer?

If I can can anyone please tell me what I should call the files and where I should place them? They have been converted correclty (I think) using Video 9 and I can play them on my laptop using Quicktime but when I follow some previous posting on here as to what to name them and where to place them I'm just getting corrupt file! If I rename them like some people have said then they don't appear at all!
I've tried downloading tutorials from the Video 9 website but all the links are dead!
Do I need to play it through Homebrew using a specific App?

What a nightmare!!!

:confused:

Kramer
June 19th, 2006, 16:08
if youve got the latest pspvideo9 there should be an option on the side that says copy you go to that and copy whatever converted videos you want on to your psp.

pkmaximum
June 19th, 2006, 16:35
I'm pretty sure that firmwares 1.0+ could always play Mp4 files they just have to be in a special format and folder in the PSP. Also with PSP Video 9 or Videora that should not be a problem at all. :)

HappyHooligan
June 19th, 2006, 16:39
Hi Kramer

I did that too but it's still saying corrupt file.
I'm converting from DIVX. It seems to have converted fine like I said as I can play the converted MP$ in Quicktime so I'm guessing that it's done that OK?
But I'm getting paranoid now and I keep formating my memory stick after each try and then keep reloading it, renaming it etc, etc but still no joy!
I'll try installing Video ( again and doing everything from Scratch.
The thing is I keep seeing posts about renaming the foldsers but then I'm getting nothing!
So confusing!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Predator
June 19th, 2006, 17:45
There are two type's of .MP4 Video files for the PSP.

The normal ones go in "MS:\MP_ROOT\100MNV01\" named "M4Vxxxxx.MP4"
The AVC ones go in "MS:\MP_ROOT\100ANV01\" named "MAQxxxxx.MP4"

"MS:" being you memory stick drive. (EG: Mine is F:/)
"xxxxx" are just random numbers.

Does that help?

tallica
June 19th, 2006, 18:02
i use 3gp converter and it works great just save the files in 100mnvo1 in mp_root u can get 3gp converter in google

dalejrrocks
June 19th, 2006, 20:58
I use JMENC to convert mine. It works fine. And as Predator said, the videos have to have special name and go into a certain folder, or the PSP will say the data is corrupted.

mauro2029
June 23rd, 2006, 12:00
Cool, at first Ididn't quite get that, I had some .mp4's and I put them in the VIDEO folder and then nerver saw them. It was a matter of simply placing them in a folder called 100MNV01.
Now I see them just fine.

However I downloaded some videos with the MAQxxxxx.MP4 format, and I have a 1.50 firmware psp, so I have to use devhook to see those right?