PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield: Bad Company 2 won't put up a fight against XBL party chat

wraggster
December 10th, 2009, 20:27
Electronic Arts has called in another marketing airstrike against Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, hoping to pull members of its fanbase who're unhappy with its online play towards Battlefield: Bad Company 2. The previous target was dedicated servers for PC players; now it's Xbox Live party chat and the ability to use it in multiplayer.

Speaking with MTV Multiplayer, EA DICE producer Gordon Van Dyke stated, "We are ok with [party chat]. We haven't taken a stance being against it and feeling like people are cheating." Modern Warfare 2 only offers party chat support in a handful of its multiplayer playlists, ostensibly to curb cheating. But, according to Van Dyke, he doesn't "think [cheating with party chat is] that big of an issue, that I've seen, where we have to worry about that" in Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

So, is party chat (or the lack thereof) really that important to you? Share your thoughts in comments

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/10/battlefield-bad-company-2-wont-put-up-a-fight-against-xbl-part/

ketchup
December 11th, 2009, 07:58
Sorry but party chat IS used to cheat in some play lists! A LOT!
I like party chat and a better implementation would be to keep it but those still in the game and those killed are still separated from each other like with the normal chat system. Is that too hard to do?

Baboon
December 11th, 2009, 09:23
I do miss party chat on most of the modes i play on MW2.

I personaly can't wait for Bad Company 2... looks awesome!