PDA

View Full Version : Looking For a GBA emulator

Mcdohl
June 22nd, 2006, 00:16
I am leaving in two days on vacation and I want to have a good GBA emulator for my MMP. Could anyone link me to a good one that works on Max Media Player?

I dont have anything besides Max Media palyer card and the 4gb hard drive.

Mazza
June 22nd, 2006, 12:31
I don't think there is a gba emulator for the DS because it is natively supported and most flashcarts have the ability to run gba games.

It's a bit like asking for a ps1 emulator for the ps2

yoshiherder
June 25th, 2006, 19:42
actually there is a way to emulate on the gba. go to easybuy2000.com and there should be a cartridge they are selling that allows u to play roms on ur gba and ur ds. i think its called the x-rom. just look around in the gaming section of the site. but it costs about $70 sooooo...............

Gizmo356
June 25th, 2006, 21:04
doesnt ds have backwards compatability with gba

Mazza
June 25th, 2006, 22:03
yeah but he;s askin so he can play on his max media player. View the sticked FAQ about max media player there's a program there

The Hombrew Hunter
June 25th, 2006, 22:08
I think he went on his vacation already...

Well, it should work for that.

Mazza
June 26th, 2006, 00:10
Yeah just noticed after posting that he said 2 days. Oh well at least everyone else knows now :D

The Hombrew Hunter
June 26th, 2006, 00:47
Ooh I can't wait. I can't find my Pokemon Ruby, and I be DYING to play it (I have NO GOD DAMN CLUE why.). Can you use an AR with an m3? =P

bobtheninjaoffood
July 4th, 2007, 21:58
so is there one for mmp with giga pack?

metroplex2k7
July 4th, 2007, 22:50
I had the 4Gb Max Media Player, it was the biggest mistake I have ever made. Games ran slow due to the DS having to read it off the hard drive. Movies studdered and went out of sync often.

If you want Movies and music to run great, get the Max Media Dock (not player), you will have to buy a CF with good speed (not SanDisk Ultra 2), screws up for some reason.

As for games, the MMD will run Snes, Nes, Genesis, and some GB color. But as for NDS games, you will need to patch them, which only works on about 35% of the games out there. Hardly any newer games.

From the research I have been doing, if you want something that will play movies, music, emulators, and almost 100% nds game compatibility, you will have to go with either the M3 or R4.

I'm planning on getting one of them, just can't decide which is better, as you can see from one of my threads.