PDA

View Full Version : game saves on passcard 3???

ssagent69
June 22nd, 2006, 01:09
Hello all,
I have my DS lite and Super Mario cart.
I was think of getting the M3 (standard sd card version) and the Passcard version 3. I was wondering if I made backup of my Super Mario Cart and put it on a SD card, set it all up in the DS lite with the M3 and Passcard 3 would I be able to save my game progress
Thanks

Schlagzeuger
June 22nd, 2006, 07:52
Yes, you can do that, you can download the Super Mario Cart rom from various sites which is legal as long as you own a copy of the game. You then use the game manager software that comes with the m3 (d/l the latest versions of the software and firmware from the m3 site first of all) to write the rom to the sd card. The game manager software writes a .dat file for each game written that the card uses to save each game's saves to. Once you have the rom to write, look it up here: http://m3wiki.emuparadise.org/index.php/M3_NDS_roms to find which settings to use when writing the rom.

ssagent69
June 22nd, 2006, 08:47
Thanks a bunch for the info awesome now all i have to do is wait for winsunx to get passcards instock

cloud_952
June 22nd, 2006, 21:59
You can also use the M3 and a program to rip the rom straight from the cart instead of finding it online, for a little more in the way of "it's legal, because I'm using my own stuff". But what the other person said should work just fine.