PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 2 players report matchmaking malfunction

wraggster
December 14th, 2009, 22:41
Now that the exploding men and unrelenting rain of crates have been taken care of, it would seem a new issue has arisen in Modern Warfare 2. Specifically, a bug in the Xbox Live matchmaking assignments is reportedly dumping playlist searchers into private matches. (Nothing's worse than being teamed with the lowest ranking players, after all.)

Penny Arcade's Gabe tweeted (warning: foul language through link) that he had encountered the issue several times. Meanwhile, Infinity Ward's man in the trenches, Robert "fourzerotwo" Bowling, confirmed the issue is known and that a fix is currently in the works.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/14/modern-warfare-2-players-report-matchmaking-malfunction/

ketchup
December 15th, 2009, 21:02
Maybe next time IW won't be so big headed about their product that they won't run a BETA before release. Seem to have backfired a bit huh?

Baboon
December 15th, 2009, 22:01
Yeah I kept getting chucked into private matches over the weekend. It seems patching a game rather than properly beta testing them is the norm now a days?

Darksaviour69
December 15th, 2009, 23:05
luckly haven't encountered the problem yet, but i do normally play search and destroy

acn010
December 16th, 2009, 04:43
i heard its getting glitched like crazy... hope it can be fixed soon