PDA

View Full Version : PSP is stuck at 2.0..and cannot downgrade.

justin138
June 24th, 2006, 00:53
I was using devhook041d, and my brother decided to take my memorystick with devhook on it and put it in his PSP(also 1.5).

He turned on his PSP and it was 2.0 instantly...that's it. He didn't do anything..we don't have any UMD games that update, either. Does this make any sense to anyone? I have no idea how devhook could have done this, and I know it likely didn't..my brother is just being an ass in saying that. Devhook emulates the firmware, it doesn't flash it. But could there be any adverse affects to using devhook in another PSP than the one it was compiled in? Compiling just copies the folders, right? It doesn't make any changes specific to that PSP?

To further complicate the matters, the MPH downgrader isn't working. His PSP System Info says it's 2.0 but the overflow exploit IS NOT WORKING. When I go to Photo it says "Digtal Camera Images", like a sub directory in Photo -- why the hell does it say that? Then it says there's no images in it.

But is "Digital Camera Images" a product of 2.5 firmware? Or does it say that on 2.0?

ANY help, ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

EDIT: He doesn't have the 2.0 Web browser..is it possible he has some 1.5/2.0 mess up? He can run devhook now..is it possible to emulate 1.5 with devhook? Is it just stuck in a fake 2.0 from devhook??

psiko_scweek
June 24th, 2006, 06:53
ok, first of all "Digital Camera Images " is on 1.5 up to 2.71.

Try using the system option of Restoring Default Settings, If he can run homebrew from the game menu w/o the eLoader than he has 1.5

Cooe14
June 24th, 2006, 09:01
Most likly all he has done is changed the version number. Use something like WAB version changer to change it back to saying 1.5.

Accordion
June 24th, 2006, 18:24
doesnt make sense

i doubt devhook did it
but if it did
devhook usally has a mix of 2.00, 1.50, and 2.50 prxs so if in some freaky upside down land the app managed to write to flash you could end up any or all the files!!!!

i suggest reset defaults, then get back to us

justin138
June 24th, 2006, 19:35
Okay, I used restore settings -- didn't work. Still 2.0..but..!

I used Sonyxteam's version changer and IT WORKED. I'm guessing I really am on 1.50 because you can't run the version changer on 2.0. So I'm 1.5 now. =)

Thanks so much guys. By the way, is there any other homebrew that ONLY runs on 1.5 that I can test on this PSP just to make sure?

Accordion
June 24th, 2006, 21:10
very strange
heres some 1.50 only stuff

callisto

quake 2(demo of sorts)

IRshell(best thing ever)