PDA

View Full Version : UP mod chip question

wowzors
June 24th, 2006, 23:05
How exactly does this mod chip work? (ie: the switching of firmware 1.5 to 2.71) is there a file placed under the memory cards options? Is a switch installed (highly doubtful). Thanks for the info and im sorry if i missed this is any of the other UP posts.

Edit: Does anybody know if the chip its self will have 1.50 on it or if we will have to upgrade or downgrade or install a Eboot to it?

wowzors
June 26th, 2006, 14:03
Hey, just did a little mroe reading as updates come along and saw that holing L trigger at startup will use the UP falsh instead of the ps2's flash.

This question still remains though: Does anybody know if the chip its self will have 1.50 on it or if we will have to upgrade or downgrade or install a Eboot to it?

The installers such as www.modchipstore.com claim they will test it and send it back, how cna you test it if it doesn't have or they dont drag a flash onto it.

Napalm-Death
June 26th, 2006, 14:14
There is a flash chip with 1.5 firmware on the mod chip.

Accordion
June 26th, 2006, 15:46
i think the chip will come empty, and you have to install the files through the app they provide

wowzors
June 26th, 2006, 22:24
Thanks, i guess we will see since im at 2.6 and would like to just boot up homebrew from the memory stick. I ordered the installation service today.