PDA

View Full Version : my first attempt retexture (mario 64)

mesosade
June 25th, 2006, 11:41
i just started my first retexture project of mario 64 using nes sprites! there are still many bugs such as the windows on castle and stuff...i really need opinions on this not too harsh though:D seeming i'm a code kiddie this fustrating when you're like a pixel out. i'll release the retexture soon and if anyone needs to know hot retexture i'll post a tutorial soon there's probably one already but i ain't going through ova 350 threads to check:) anyways here's a screenshot.7222

Kramer
June 25th, 2006, 11:47
thats pretty cool but where are you going to release it cos you cant post links to roms here.

mesosade
June 25th, 2006, 11:50
it's not a rom u see u download a plugin for the emu called rice and u put the folder contaning textures in plugin folder and the plugin overlaps textures of the game so you're download a folder of textures not a rom and plus the rom won't get illegaly modified

Kramer
June 25th, 2006, 11:53
alright then good luck

mesosade
June 25th, 2006, 11:55
right i think i'll explain it all now...

first you'll need the rice plugin for project 64

get it here>http://www.emulator-zone.com/download.php/emulators/n64/plugins/graphics/rice/RiceVideo6.1.1beta6.rar

once downloaded put files in plugin folder (extracted first and put bmglib summit like that in the emu folder not plugin! and delete file that tells you to move it.) after make a folder called hires_texture than put in folder for example a folder saying SUPER MARIO 64 and have my textures in it. After that start up the emu go to configure graphics and turn advanced mode on go to texture options than tick use hires textures if available and voila!!! simple non?

mesosade
June 25th, 2006, 12:09
i've actualy found a folder containing a few of the textures from ages ago it's practically just the textures from the screenshot
so you can see what i'm workin on if u like and tell me bout the bugs etc oh and i'm afraid ican't remember what type rom
it was but i'm sure it was a U rom hope you enjoy....btw it's only the grounds, my next release will contain at least the first floor courses so well...enjoy,again! 7224

mesosade
June 25th, 2006, 12:48
oops i just remembered btw some of the textures in that folder well about 3 of them belong to another retexture and i forgot to delete them so sorry to whoeva's textures they are soz :P

ENG
June 25th, 2006, 13:15
This looks good, i'd love to retexture Mario 64.
:)

MutantMooBunny
June 25th, 2006, 16:29
Hi, Mesosade, nice explanation, but next time please try not to triple post. It's a bit rude, just know for next time. Thanks!

Gizmo356
June 25th, 2006, 16:40
awesome

GeEkPiE
June 25th, 2006, 17:02
coolio

so do you think that if you run this on daedalus, mario might run slightly faster

maybe if you could cancel out some textures or make them less detailed and easier to load for the emu

mesosade
June 25th, 2006, 18:29
to the complaint about the triple post:

yea soz for that sometime the edit button does the old "can't find page!" or summit stupid

mesosade
June 25th, 2006, 18:33
it only supports png format textures and it only works on emu's that have the whole 'after-installed program folder' things not on a standalone emu i'm afraid. It works at a playable speed for me fiddle around with the configuration and you might get lucky:D
(OH DAMMIT IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!!)